• 1 Post By willb003

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Oh S.H.I.T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m-N-9LEHaw

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Man I hate that feeling..
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Man I hate that feeling..

Yep, Now if i can get that pucker mark out of the seat..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
no this is an oh **** moment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	math of life.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	78721  

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
no this is an oh **** moment

Can't see what your speedo is reading. But i was doing 100 when i spotted him. Rolled it back to 90 for a second then said F... it and layed the gas to it to zip away in case he decided to come after me.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Can't see what your speedo is reading. But i was doing 100 when i spotted him. Rolled it back to 90 for a second then said F... it and layed the gas to it to zip away in case he decided to come after me.
I'll be watching for the chase on the weekend show "Caught on Camera."

In this episode, a maniacal biker taunts a cop enjoying a fresh pastry.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
I'll be watching for the chase on the weekend show "Caught on Camera."

In this episode, a maniacal biker taunts a cop enjoying a fresh pastry.

Well i guess i could have bribed him with the Soy Chicken and BBQ Duck i had in the topcase...
saddlebag likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
said i was 102mph (81 gs550)

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 12:10 AM

Garage
FJR's are easy to go fast on.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by willb003 View Post
FJR's are easy to go fast on.

Yep way too easy.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 02:00 PM

This summer I got sooooo lucky, I decided to take a twisty to work instead of the interstate because it's so so so much nicer. Shady, beautiful green trees, well maintained road up and through the hills, 45-55mph speed limit the whole way but turns banked and straightaways such that you can basically go as fast as you can hang on. It usually adds about 15 minutes to my commute to come this way, sometimes 30.

Of course, my luck, I got behind a slow driver very early but after my last chance to enter the interstate. No worries I thought, I'll pass them in the straightaways...only, every straightaway had like 5 cars in it and there's no way in hell I'm passing in a blind curve. Cars are stacking up behind me and Moses in front of me is literally doing like 20mph. I'm less than halfway to work and it's already taken like 10 minutes longer than my normal commute. Once I had a chance to pass, but as I downshifted and throttled up, they turned their left turn signal on...and then promptly didn't turn and kept it on for a few miles.

So I'm dying, I'm edging closer to work finally I see a short straight stretch so I downshift twice and hammer past them, EXCELLENT, so for about half a mile I zip away and can't even see the car behind me any more...and then I get stuck behind an even slower driver. WTF. It's ok though, because I know like 5 miles ahead there's a huge massive straight away, like almost a mile, and there's no way I won't be able to get around, even if it is like 3 miles from there to roads where I have to drive the speed limit. So I bide my time...

And then the straightaway comes and...there's an oncoming car. And then another. And then another. And then it's clear! There's a housing development in that stretch though, so I'm wary that someone might be pulling out, I stand up a little and see that nobody is pulling out, nobody is at the road, so I downshift and smash it. Of course the car in front of me doesn't want me to pass, and they smash it too. Saturn sedan vs Versys isn't even a race, but I don't back off once I'm passing, and I pass them at right around 95mph. This is a 45 mph stretch.

As I'm passing them I'm passing the entrance to the subdivision. I glance in. Parked just inside in a little hole I didn't even know was there is a State Police SUV. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I couldn't have even been in his field of vision for 2 seconds, but I couldn't see where his head was, no way to know if radar was on.

So I dip back in front of the car, who has also seen the cop and has smashed on his brakes so hard that he's almost being rear ended by the guy behind him. I'm not jamming on brakes (esp cuz I have a flasher!) but I'm not accelerating either. I glance in the mirror and see the cop pull out behind the car. I'm waiting for the lights to come on...but the car has slowed so hard he's not even doing 25, can't be. I get to the base of the hill and realize that I'm occluded by an overpass and I'm coming into a long series of S turns. The SUV had room to pass...I didn't see any lights...but...

So I throttle down and disappear through the S turns before they've even come back into view. I stay on it hard until I get to the main road, then tuck myself in and go along on my way.

I don't THINK he came after me, I don't even know if he saw me. I suspect he was on his way to start his shift. I don't know what I would have done if I'd have seen him turn on his lights after I was so far ahead of him...probably gone for it, plenty of places to get lost in there and I know he didn't see my plate. I do ride high-vis though, lol.

Since then I always ride easier through that stretch, as hard as it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode