A Partzilla Guide to Buying OEM Parts Online - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Site News What's going on in our community? Stay Informed!

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Motorcycle.com
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By hawkerjet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

A Partzilla Guide to Buying OEM Parts Online

Quote:
Partzilla, one of the largest powersports parts dealers in the United States, offers high-quality genuine parts and accessories at prices up to 80% below retail. In this can't miss article, Partzilla reveals tips and tricks to find OEM powersports parts cheaper and faster than ever before.
Read more about Partzilla Guide to Buying OEM Parts Online, at Motorcycle.com.

~ Motorcycle.com
quexpress likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 05:53 PM

I, generally, go to my local dealership. They've been really good to me and I prefer to give them my business. Even if they have to order the parts they normally give me a discount (because I've bought 2 motorcycles from them) and the staff is great!
I may spend a little extra $$$ but it pays off considering the banter and sarcasm thrown around there!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 06:49 PM

Garage
I just got in an order from Partzilla. The part was 10 bucks cheaper through them than the other on-line shops and the dealership...
Devilsfan likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 08:18 PM

Garage
Just ordered a Kawasaki top case for my Versys 1000 from Partzilla, and the case, 2 pieces of required trim, one key lock, and mounting plate combined is $144 cheaper than buying from Kawasaki. Iím feeling pretty good about the savings. I do like to support local dealers, but $144 is a lot of scratch.

stand up tall, pretend youíre strong, in the hope that you can be
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:38 PM

Garage
Anyone has a preferred web-dealer?
Revzilla, Partzilla, CycleGear, etc?
I am in the US
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 10:56 AM

Garage
Any Canucks out there with a favourite OEM parts site that is either based in Canada or has fair shipping prices?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 05:28 PM

Garage
I tried the local dealers, but they stock so few parts that it's hardly worth the effort to go to them. I can get most parts faster and cheaper online.

Randy

Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_Rider View Post
Any Canucks out there with a favourite OEM parts site that is either based in Canada or has fair shipping prices?
I've used a few, but the IMPORTANT thing for me, was to insist that they MAIL the parts, and under NO circumstance use FedEx or UPS as those tack on a brokerage charge whether they ACTUALLY do any brokerage or not, and memory tells me it was about $50US per...!

MOST had no great problem using mail.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 11:42 PM

Partzilla is great and almost always has the best prices.

My local shop does internet price match. I just put my parts into the shopping cart, print the page, and head to my local shop.

I save the shipping cost but do have to pay sales tax.

End result is a substantial savings over just buying parts at local shop prices.

Always check with your local dealership as many today do internet price matches. They often would rather get a reduced profit than no profit at all.
Buffalo_Bob likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 02:21 PM

Garage
I can't seem to best Partzilla prices. And generally everything goes smoothly, but OMG I just had the worst experience with a larger order. Don't fall for the trap and go out of your way to try to qualify for the free shipping for orders over $150, especially if it's a lot of small parts.

Placed an order on March 29, a Friday, expecting I'd get it before the following weekend - shipping is only 2 days from their Nevada warehouse to SF. That weekend was ideal because the gf was out of town and I'd have nothing keeping me from wrenching on my bike as much as I might possibly want. I'd just received a Thermo-Bob and I figured I'd replace all the 8-year-old coolant hoses at the same time. I ordered up parts for several other projects as well and realized I was getting close to the $150 free shipping threshold, so I found on more item that I didn't really care about but, heck, it was a steal if it saved me $20 or whatever. I even paid the extra $1.99 to expedite my order just to help make sure I'd get it within a week.

Email notice came back that all of my items would be in stock and ready to ship by Monday. Perfect.

Wednesday came and I realized I hadn't gotten any updates, so I checked and the order status online, which now showed a bunch of items would not be in before Thursday. This was not emailed to me. Why did I order than stupid helmet lock just to get free shipping? Why did I pay that $1.99 to expedite my order?

I check again on Thursday to see if maybe it was going out that day and might possibly arrive by Friday, and now see that throw-away item I added just for the free shipping showed up as not available, so it had been removed from my order, and the whole thing recalculated without that charge but with shipping added back in. You have got to be kidding me! So I call and email and finally am told that they can't waive shipping but I can add another item or they can do a partial shipment. At this point I'm completely frustrated because I have a free weekend to work on my bike and I don't have the parts I need. I add another item and tell them to ship everything they can so that it will be here before the following weekend. Somehow, between then and now, they lost stock of a number of the parts I ordered that wee already earmarked for me. So now I'm not getting stuff I need even a week later. But, hey, I got my $1.99 expedited shipping fee back!

Anyway, I'm definitely not going to shoot for any breaks on shipping from them ever again. Not worth it.

Thanks for listening.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftbrain99 View Post
I can't seem to best Partzilla prices. And generally everything goes smoothly, but OMG I just had the worst experience with a larger order. Don't fall for the trap and go out of your way to try to qualify for the free shipping for orders over $150, especially if it's a lot of small parts.

Placed an order on March 29, a Friday, expecting I'd get it before the following weekend - shipping is only 2 days from their Nevada warehouse to SF. That weekend was ideal because the gf was out of town and I'd have nothing keeping me from wrenching on my bike as much as I might possibly want. I'd just received a Thermo-Bob and I figured I'd replace all the 8-year-old coolant hoses at the same time. I ordered up parts for several other projects as well and realized I was getting close to the $150 free shipping threshold, so I found on more item that I didn't really care about but, heck, it was a steal if it saved me $20 or whatever. I even paid the extra $1.99 to expedite my order just to help make sure I'd get it within a week.

Email notice came back that all of my items would be in stock and ready to ship by Monday. Perfect.

Wednesday came and I realized I hadn't gotten any updates, so I checked and the order status online, which now showed a bunch of items would not be in before Thursday. This was not emailed to me. Why did I order than stupid helmet lock just to get free shipping? Why did I pay that $1.99 to expedite my order?

I check again on Thursday to see if maybe it was going out that day and might possibly arrive by Friday, and now see that throw-away item I added just for the free shipping showed up as not available, so it had been removed from my order, and the whole thing recalculated without that charge but with shipping added back in. You have got to be kidding me! So I call and email and finally am told that they can't waive shipping but I can add another item or they can do a partial shipment. At this point I'm completely frustrated because I have a free weekend to work on my bike and I don't have the parts I need. I add another item and tell them to ship everything they can so that it will be here before the following weekend. Somehow, between then and now, they lost stock of a number of the parts I ordered that wee already earmarked for me. So now I'm not getting stuff I need even a week later. But, hey, I got my $1.99 expedited shipping fee back!

Anyway, I'm definitely not going to shoot for any breaks on shipping from them ever again. Not worth it.

Thanks for listening.

That sucks! Sorry to hear you got jammed.
That's why I prefer to just order from my dealer. Never had anything come in later than a few days. For whatever reason, maybe they have a great relation with the parts warehouse, but it works for me.

I did just order my front sprocket from Revzilla's new OEM parts. I ordered it Saturday. Just got an email saying it'd be shipped today and arrive on Tuesday. Should have just stuck to the dealership.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Approved Vendor or NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftbrain99 View Post

Thanks for listening.
This may come as a surprise, but I will NEVER order from Partzilla again, I had a very similar experience, my dealer was out of stock of the upper and lower rad hoses, I was modifying my Thermo_Bob and wanted new hoses. The online order showed everything in stock, Tuesday I get a email the lower hose all of a sudden isn't in stock, I called and was told I would have it in a week. Total time from start to when I had it in my hands, 30 days. My dealer said Kawasaki Canada had it in stock and I would have it in 10 days, plus it was cheaper from my dealer.
My online stores are Fortnine and Twisted Throttle , when they say it is in stock or it shows online in stock, it actually is in stock. Fortnine, over $49 Canadian and = Free shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode