Top Ten Moto-Friendly Places To Eat In North America - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Industry News A section for industry news, recalls & technical service bulletins.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

Top Ten Moto-Friendly Places To Eat In North America

Quote:
What do you want? There are a million greasy spoon biker hangouts in North America and it’s my job to come up with the Ten Best. The chances of me getting this right are roughly equivalent to W. Bush making new friends at an ISIS bar mitzvah, of me winning the Czech GP on a Vespa, of Mitch McConnell posting selfies from a Crossfit gym. Mine not to reason why…

I can personally vouch for the California entries, but for most of the rest of them I solicited input from friends scattered around this great continent of ours, so graciously stocked for our dining pleasure with the tastiest flora and fauna in the galaxy. Let’s start out in Malibu and work our way around roughly clockwise… (I wonder why there is no place there called 'Malibu Barbie-que'?)
Read more about the Top Ten Moto-Friendly Places To Eat In North America at Motorcycle.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 04:56 PM

To that list I'd add the Buckhorn on 2nd Street, in San Antonio, New Mexico. Yes, that's San Antonio, New Mexico. It's a small town but the Buckhorn is widely known for its green Chili burgers. Worth a visit if you happen to be in that part of the country IMHO.

And there's also the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum (and restaurant) near Vanderpool, Texas (in the Hill Country). In addition to having a nice collection of vintage and antique bikes they offer good burgers and Australian meat pies. Good stuff. Be warned though that on Sundays it's full of regular after-church folks so you may have to wait for a table. It's an indication of how good the food is.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Last edited by Arion; 03-02-2015 at 05:12 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 05:43 PM

Garage
Neptunes Net is a good place to ride to to enjoy the views while you eat. The food is decent but nothing special.

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Neptunes Net is a good place to ride to to enjoy the views while you eat. The food is decent but nothing special.

Hey Joseph - really impressive how you have your Versys all decked out to look like an FJ.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Last edited by Arion; 03-02-2015 at 06:27 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 06:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Hey Joseph - really impressive how you have you Versys all decked out to look like an FJ.

The Versys has been to Neptunes many times. Took the new owner there...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 10:20 PM

Wow, one them is only a 40 minute ride from me in NJ. When this white crap melts off, I'll hop on the V, check it out, and let you know what I think.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 06:57 AM

Garage
Hi-D-Ho drive in in Alamogordo, NM for a Hatch Green Chili Tiger Burger.

Any restaurant on the Square in Lynchburg, TN. Home of Jack Daniels Distillery.

The Tellicafe in Tellico Plains, TN on the western end of the Cherohala Skyway.

Soda Pop Junction in Lynnville, TN

Many more to list, but don't have time right now.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 10:37 AM

I rode past Switzerland Inn last October. I didn't know there was a motorcycle lodge there! I gotta stay there on my motorcycle vacation next fall. The road from the Blue Ridge Parkway to Little Switzerland is fun and kind of scary. It's steep in places -- steep to the point where you feel like you have to be careful with the brakes so you don't do an endo.

2009 Versys
2004 EX-500
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 01:48 PM

Been to Webers in Orillia, very good hamburgers!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
The Tellicafe in Tellico Plains, TN on the western end of the Cherohala Skyway.
One of my must do's at least a couple times a year for at least the last 15 years or so. Except for the year it burned down.

Anyway, glad to see they're back in biz and still grillin my favorite trout.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post
I rode past Switzerland Inn last October.
I stopped there once and had a protein bar. Does that count? I had to get directions to a Walmart. My damn GPS had a bug. It would run on its internal battery power for a short time after the ignition was shut off, but if you didn't press a button to let it continue like that or switch off, it would lock itself off. I needed to buy a small allen wrench to release and replace the battery to reboot it.

I used to ride in Bandera Tx a lot way back when too. Probably long before that place was a restaurant. I really liked a bar they had out northeast of there called the Blue Bonnet. It had a country dance floor a disco and some other room I don't recall. I liked the disco because it was attached to an indoor rodeo and every hour or so you could go out and watch them ride the bulls. Last time I was there I took my wife. As I recall it was called something else, but it was still pretty much the same except the had an old little school bus you could sit in between the dance areas. I don't know why, but my wife and I went and sat in there. Shortly after a young woman sat down beside me and started telling me about her life as a stripper. I'm not sure my wife was too impressed with how well I relate to strippers.

I've ridden a pretty good piece of Cali too, but never stopped at any of those places mentioned. The only one I was even familiar with prior to this article was Alice's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode