'World's fastest woman' hits 200mph on Fireblade - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Industry News A section for industry news, recalls & technical service bulletins.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

'World's fastest woman' hits 200mph on Fireblade

http://motoroids.com/news/worlds-fas...fireblade.html

Wow, That's 1 Fast Lady

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlee29 View Post
Yeah... and `easy on the eyes' too

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 12:39 AM

Leslie Porterfield's 234.197 mph record run on a Suzuki Hayabusa at Bonneville in 2008 was then beaten by Canadian Trilium Muir, the new world's fastest woman. I heard an interview on Radio Canada. Extraordinary achievement, especially considering the day's poignant tragedy:

In September 2008, when Muir once again returned to Maxton's East Coast Timing Association in North Carolina (originally a World War II air base runway at 210' asl) in an attempt to regain her title, Dave Owen, a fellow racer who had taught Muir the proper tuck position for land-speed riders, was doing a run following his son when he crashed at 215 mph and died at the scene. For the close-knit group of racers, the accident was devastating. "Everyone in the pits including me was crying," Muir says, "and all I wanted to do was load the bike in the truck and go home." Owen's son Josh, 20, spoke to the crowd about an hour later: "It would be my father's wishes that the racing continue." Three hours later, the competitors lined up once again to take a run. For Muir, this would probably be her final opportunity of the season to regain her title. Remembering everything Owen had taught her about how to hold a proper racing tuck, she blasted down the measured mile at 239.36170 mph to regain the title of world's fastest woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkawboy View Post
We were at the September Maxton event when our friend dave was killed, a terrible day for sure.
Dave was making a shakedown pass and my youngest son Chad was suppose to ride the bike on the next pass going for the all motor record. Chad had rode the bike in June but it was hot, his pass was 222mph and Dave thought in the cooler september weather Chad would break 225mph.
Dave was an awesome builder, tuner and rider and we all miss him dearly.

Getting back to the original post.......Trillium is not only a great rider but a wonderful girl and because she has not run at Bonneville, she has not received the appropiate recognition.
Same day, same bike & my money would be on Tril.

Dan
Trillium Muir -The world's fastest woman:

“I rode our 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa that has a GT35R turbo from RCC turbos. The bike is also fitted with an Aims data logger, JE Pistons, Crower rods, MTC lock-up clutch, Elka shock, custom-built swingarm, RCC back cut transmission and much more. The motor and the turbocharger were built by RCC. I do most of our clutch work and have the patience for wiring. Anything that needs to be done, I can do it, and have.”

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...r-ar69146.html

Last edited by invader; 09-22-2011 at 04:17 AM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome - Thanks for sharing.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
I'm voting for Canada on this one lol
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 03:06 PM

Makes you proud to Canadian.

It's not going to work that bothers me, it's the eight hour wait to go riding.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 04:30 AM

Fast forward to 2:42 (slower early run)

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 03:37 PM

Marry me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode