Which motorcycle clothing brand you should choose? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Industry News A section for industry news, recalls & technical service bulletins.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Which motorcycle clothing brand you should choose?

Hello friend,
When it comes to making a decision about your new motorcycle clothing, it can be very difficult to decipher which type of clothing by which brand is the best for you. With so many brands to choose from it can be difficult to know where to start, however the top three motorcycling clothing brands out there are considered to be Ducati, Spidi and Alpinestars. I always prefer such three type of brand when I go for buy some motorcycle clothing. And what bout you? Please reply....

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

My choice by British Motorcycle gears-KTM Orange and Welcome aboard.

http://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com/jackets.asp

Last edited by Fastoman; 09-07-2010 at 06:46 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 07:01 AM

choose one that fits
one that provides appropriate / adequate protection
one that looks right for you
is in your budget

don't sacrifice protection to the aimless vapid god / goddess of fashion

"CE approved", when it comes to armour (well when it comes to anything) is a meaningless term, there is no approvals process undertaken by the CE, and arguably it may have no use outside the EU itself. CE marking is the process by which the manufacturer asserts a product meets the relevant EU standard. This may mean nothing more than the manufacturer stuck the labels on because they couldn't sell into the EU without the marking OR it could (and should) mean that the manufacturer / importer has followed a suitable development process and has tested the design to make certain its compliant with the standard and has the document trail reflecting that

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healdem View Post
choose one that fits
one that provides appropriate / adequate protection
one that looks right for you
is in your budget

don't sacrifice protection to the aimless vapid god / goddess of fashion
Hey! I enjoy being the aimless vapid god of fashion.

A short list of brands might get you started in the right direction, but don't limit yourself to that list of brands.

Healdem's list of requirements for the clothing (fits, protection, nice look, within your budget) is much more relevant than whatever brand name is on the gear that you end up with.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 08:23 AM

riding gear

As with fashion, riding gear changes from one person to the next. Some people want to look the part and match all their gear w/ their bike. Some dont care how they look just as long as they are protected...Some wear novelty helmets w/ cutoff shirts and holey blue jeans. Good thing they wear that leather vest to protect them in a crash...would not want to get road rash on their chest!!

I'll give you a few likely scenarios w/ my personal choice of gear. Now keep in mind that this is MY choice and some probably will not agree. Either way I highly suggest you follow the ATGATT standard.
***Note, I do not own any of the following gear***
If money was not an option this would be my gear of choice.

Winter riding:
Aerostitch Roadcrafter Two piece w/ suspenders. http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-s...iece-suit.html
Gerbing heated jacket liner.http://coreheat.net/Products/Heated%20S2%20Jacket.html
Sidi adventure rain or canyon goretex http://www.motonation.com/store/pc/v...p?idCategory=7

Summer riding:
Motoport Air mesh kevlar jacket http://www.motoport.com/_product_106..._Kevlar_Jacket
Motoport Air mesh kevlar pants http://www.motoport.com/_product_106...sh_Kevlar_Pant
Sidi Boots

"The feeling isnt fear, its just telling you to move" Rancid

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse." Dad

09 Versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Green
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mikes touring shield
Garmin Nuvi 500
Wolfman Tank panniers
HT Teton's
Wolfman Expedition Large Duffel
Seahorse top box SE540

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 10:18 AM

Unsure if to pass on ICON's patrol suit.
http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...es-riding-gear

Looks like will get my 4th pair of Aerostich Roadcrafter 2 piece....

My specs is for summer riding only, wet and wild...

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 PM

If I was to choose, I would say Rukka. A Finnish brand, top of the line. Expensive but exellent protection and nice design.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:22 PM

The Cheap Route

I find that if you're not too picky you can buy some great quality for relatively little money. I picked up a Fieldsheer Adventure jacket for $100 at Motorcycle Closeouts along with the Mercury pants for another $100. For the price of less than the cost of just the jacket at retail, I got a set with lots left over for a helmet, gloves & boots.

The gear is so good that you really can't go wrong. Even if I made a huge mistake, which I didn't, the cost to more often will still be less. Don't get me wrong, there's some really cool stuff out there, but the real differences are not that dramatic.

Let he who speaks the truth be given a fine horse -- for he will need it to flee.
--Afghan proverb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode