Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

2008 Versys rider-Western Colorado

867 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dallasdon 
#1 ·
Looks like a bunch of fine folks hanging around the forum, glad I found it.

I’ve been 25 years without a motorcycle, but that came to an end on May 20th, 2008 when I purchased a new 2008 Versys with 2 miles on the odometer, parked it for the winter mid November with 5,980 miles on the same odometer...what a great motorcycle. I think everyone should own one, you owners already know the reasons, and there are many.

The best decision I've made was change to Mobil 1 10/40 4T engine oil @ 600 miles. Improved MPG by about 10% (I'm 58.5 MPG lifetime on this bike) resulting in not only increased gas mileage but a smoother running engine & clutch operation. But the biggest change was in the shifting, not that it was difficult before, just very smooth after, and currently. I do, generally anyway, drive to achieve optimum mileage.

Looks like the weather will allow afternoon rides this weekend, both days if we are lucky. You guys will get a kick out of my riding partner, young man with a passion for, & rides a Harley Davidson- Night Train. The fun part for me is we mostly ride local mountain back roads with tons of curves…Kris is generally a fare distance behind cus his machine just doesn’t handle in this environment as well as a Versys, although his bike sure does look good. We will ride the Colorado National Monument tomorrow, likely twice. Check it out on Google Earth.

I'll post some picture of this country-soon as I figure out how.

See less See more
#3 ·
We are glad to have you and I think you will find tons of useful information on here from "those that have gone before you". We all think the Versys is about the best all around bike we have owned and enjoy modifying it to suit each individual.

My two sons & I usually make a trip to Colorado for a week every summer. I do envy your riding territory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.