Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New Member Saying Hello

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  HondaGalToo 
#1 ·
I just stopped by my dealer and put down a deposit on a white 2013 Versys. I'll pick her up on Saturday. This is my first Kawasaki. I've been riding for over 30 years and have had a variety of bikes...Ducatis, Yamahas, Hondas, Suzukis. The other bike I currently own is a Suzuki GSX-R 600 that is track-only. I'm a trackday addict, but still enjoy street riding. My 2001 Honda CBR929 is no longer comfortable for me on the street, so it's up for sale and the Versys is my new street ride. I'll be putting Givi bags on it and who knows what all else. I never leave anything stock for long! Looking forward to learning about this bike and what the good accessories are.:)

#3 ·
:welcome: The Versys is my first Kawasaki also. So far the most reliable street bike i've owned. :cheers:

#6 ·
Well, I haven't ridden it yet, LOL. But that was one thing that made me pick it over the V-Strom...it's claim of better, more nimble sportbike-like handling, the 17 inch front wheel, and upside down forks. Sportier!
I'll get back with a ride report once the weather around here warms up. C'mon Spring!!!!!

#10 ·
Welcome! I love the white, which they had it in Canada. As far as accessories go can't say enough good things about the SW-Motech crash bars. They've more than paid for themselves in my case with the damage they've prevented in some off road drops and a 40mph low side.

#11 ·
Yeah, crash bars are on my list, and I like the look/function of the SW-motech the best of the few I've looked at. Already ordered a Cox radiator guard (have them on the last two bikes I've owned) and a Pyramid hugger. This bike is tall. I'm deciding whether a lower seat (the Kawasaki low versys gel if I can find one, or the Sargent low) will be enough or if I'll need to go with Speedy's lowering link.
Also going to get Givi bags.

Since the weather here is still kinda crappy, I only rode home from the dealer, but I love the upright position, and the handling/steering seems nimble and neutral. I'm looking forward to getting miles on her!

#14 ·
WELCOME! :welcome: I too, am from NJ (Bergen County). I also have a 2013 white V and I LOVE IT! I have added the following accessories, primarily for protection and convenience:

SW-MOTECH engine guard - was going for the GIVI, but saw a review saying SW is stronger.
Barkbuster Handguards
GIVI 410 windscreen
SW Motech top case brackets
GIVI top case (old one from first bike, forgot the model#)
Powerbronze rear hugger
R&G radiator guard
Motowerk swingarm spools ($14-Wow!)

If you're interested in group rides, Northern Jersey motorcycle group is GREAT! Super bunch of riders of all kinds of bikes. I joined last year even though I could barely keep up with them being a newbie biker & having a small bike :D (Suzuki TU250X-then came the VERSYS! :thumb:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.