Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

I did it!!

5K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Newguy 
#1 ·
Finally stopped waffling and laid down the credit card. 2009 silver model purchased..let the games begin!!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks! No kidding re: "in this economy?"!! I asked squarely what their best price was and was told very clearly that there is no negotiation on their prices. I immediately told them they were not trying very hard and thanked them for their time and letting me sit on the bike in the showroom...what can you do? Bye the way, the "small town dealer" I bought it from said they could deliver it to my house as they come into Ottawa quite frequently (free of course...). Talk about a no brainer!:confused:

#8 ·
Sweet! I also bought a grey one today to. Funny thing is I to had to drive almost an hour away (Guelph to Vaughn). My local dealer was 1200 otd more than what I paid. The drive was worth it I would say. Happy riding...when it warms up!

#11 ·
Turnbud,

I know that shop as I drive through Renfrew several times a year on my way to my buddy's cabin near Bancroft. I think they sell Suzuki too, don't they?

I can't say for sure how many Ottawa owners are on this forum, but there are at least 2 others on the UK forum. Maybe we should organize a spring ride.

#10 · (Edited)
I didn't like dealing with Ottawa Goodtime Centre before either. I then saved a lot getting my new 1990 ZX6 from a dealer in Gatineau. OGC were known to overcharge for parts as well, and has recently lost their BRP dealership... A friend worked at Rockland Wheels a while ago when daredevil Eric was operating it.
I actually saved a lot on a leftover 2007 Versys a year ago by having it shipped from Goulet Moto Sport in Ste Therese near Montreal. I paid about $6000 including GST plus $450 to have it transported to me in northern Ontario.

#13 ·
Nice to hear this info as I'm currently shopping around. I found a Versys and an er6n advertised in the autotrader at Kahuna in Vaughn. I called immediately because the prices were so good - '09 er6n $6999, '09 Versys $7599. The salesman apologized and explained to me that he had just recieved a fax from Kawi Canada and he had to increase the prices. What a bunch of BS. I honestly believe they put those adds out there to see how much interest was out there eith no intention of selling at those prices. I found an '07 Burnt Orange Versys at Warp 9 which had just been sold before I called. I've checked the websites at every dealership in ON and everbody is listing at MSRP. I haven't started any serious haggling for any one bike 'cause I'm still up in the air about what I'm gonna buy. But nobody is even asking my name when I call! Is interest so high that they don't feel like they have to do any work to sell these bikes?

#15 ·
Newguy Kahuna is where I bought by 09 on Thursday. The best price I could get was 7648.98 and that is with the Kawi gas card turned into cash. Breakdown of invoice was MSRP $8649, Sale Price $7649.94, $195 Pre-del expense(assembly), Freight $195= $8038.94 Taxes=1045.06, License Trans 10.00 GRAND TOTAL $9094.00. Hope that helps for some actual numbers.

#16 ·
Absolutely it does. I love these two Kawi's and will likely end up buying one but Suzuki is making it hard on me. Found an '08 sv650 with ABS brand new for $6200. A wicked deal for a good bike but a bike I wasn't really looking at. Back to phone and some hardcore haggling..........

#18 ·
Invader bought a bike there too hmmmmm......

To be honest my french kinda sucks but a couple of the guys I work with might help me out there. It's worth a shot, I'll post the results.

#22 ·
Did you mean Ottawa Goodtime Centre was the only one selling at MSRP plus taxes? That would be consistent with what they told me their policy was.

Not sure if the deal I got in Renfrew (i.e. discount from MSRP, plus no freight) applies to all bikes that Renfrew sells, but that's what I got on the V, so that's all I care! Renfrew also told me about 90% of their sales are to customers in the Ottawa area - no big surprise.

Glad to see another Ottawa area V rider! :D

#24 ·
Hi guys,

As long as we're talking money - paid $8300 (taxes and all other fees included) for a new 07 (bought in Oct. of 08), but price also included Givi side bags, top bag and racks (1500 of price tag). Only 350 km so far but planning huge trip in the summer!

#25 ·
Hi guys,

As long as we're talking money - paid $8300 (taxes and all other fees included) for a new 07 (bought in Oct. of 08), but price also included Givi side bags, top bag and racks (1500 of price tag). Only 350 km so far but planning huge trip in the summer!
:D

#27 ·
I'm proud to announce I'm the new owner of a 2009 Kawasaki ER6N!!! :yeahsmile: Got some encouragement and solid advice from the UK.

I tried Inglis but they wouldn't talk prices over the phone. The guys in Renfrew were great. Friendly and competetive. Kahuna and Edge Performance were also pretty good. Cameron Cycle in Peterborough gave me a deal on the ER6N that I couldn't pass up.

BTW, I found three '08 V's ( Versyses? Versii?). One in Sturgeon Falls, one in Peterborough and one in Brampton. Most of the dealerships are getting big shipments of V's in anticipation of another good year in sales so these '08's should be really good deals in another month or so. All the '08 rebates still apply. I'll see you all out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.