WANTED: Stock windscreen - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Wanted Items wanted

1Likes
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Smile Stock windscreen

I am looking to buy someone's unloved stock windscreen. I bought the Versys this spring and I find the Pugh windscreen allows very little airflow. I am not looking to trade.

Glenn

I try to be the kind of person my dogs think I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Might be an idea to say which year YOUR Versys is....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Might be an idea to say which year YOUR Versys is....
Duh,, thanks

2015 Versys 650 LT

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 07:36 PM

I have an un-needed OEM shield off my 15' Versys LT (I bought a taller screen). Sadly I am not at home (where the shield is) currently and won't be back there for about a month. You want to wait that long?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 08:28 AM

Garage
I have one for you... brackets and all... pretty much brand new
text me at tree owe too tree fore feyve see-row ate see-row sebben
or PM me thru the forum

2016 V650LT

From DE to CT prolly would not cost much to ship

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Last edited by webmost; 05-28-2019 at 08:30 AM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmost View Post
I have one for you... brackets and all... pretty much brand new
text me at tree owe too tree fore feyve see-row ate see-row sebben
or PM me thru the forum

2016 V650LT

From DE to CT prolly would not cost much to ship
Check your PMs

Why are you not using the brackets? Did you replace them with something?

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossyrocks13k View Post

Why are you not using the brackets? Did you replace them with something?
Didn't have to replace them. My helmet already comes with a windscreen. Although, here in the nanny-free state of DullAware, in weather like this, I prefer twin tinted screens hooked over my ears.

Plenty of air flow and zero buffeting.

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Didn't have to replace them. My helmet already comes with a windscreen. Although, here in the nanny-free state of DullAware, in weather like this, I prefer twin tinted screens hooked over my ears.

Plenty of air flow and zero buffeting.
I was wondering if anyone rode without the screen and how they handled the brackets. Thanks for the information.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 08:56 PM

Garage

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:47 AM

Garage
I have a windscreen for a 15, $50.00 plus shipping.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1503 View Post
I have a windscreen for a 15, $50.00 plus shipping.
I am working with Webmost right now. I will keep your offer in mind.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:29 PM

Garage
Still hunting for the right box... sorry. Blew the day riding Sierra to the old FX Smith's Sons cigar factory in McSherrystown PA. Some of the prettiest country roads that Merryland and Pennsyltucky have to offer. It's only 81 miles from here; but if you take the right route, this excursion will take you two and a half hours each way. Especially at the pace which the many construction and bridge flood-outs force. They have an inkling how to begin a road repair here in the East; but they haven't the least clue how to finish one. Stopped to ask detour directions from an old gardener at one flooded out bridge. He complemented how quiet and smooth Sierra runs. I said you don't know the half of it until you set up here and go. Visited the factory to discuss cigar business and fetch samples. Then had to go set on a stool and down a neat Jameson or two with Smith at the social club across the street. Wobbled back to the saddle and set out for home. Stopped for a half rack at my fave BBQ in Stewartstown. The gal there is still cute; but she's growing a waffle butt. Back in the wind for the ride home. Time I got back here, tornado weather was closing in. Had to field a bunch of calls regarding new job possibilities. Blew the whole day. Type of thing that happens whenever I throw a leg over Sierra, 2016 V650LT, tight, smooooth, agile & flowing sort of bike. Not so much power; but a great all day ride. I've been out to FX Smith's Sons dozens of times, over the years --- enough to know the right roads.

Bottom line: I never did dig you up a box that fits. Hunted thru the attics, but no joy. May have to tote this screen to the mail store tomorrow and see if they have a white mail bag that works. I have plenty bubble wrap. Just need the gozinta it goes into.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I believe your son is missing an item or two from being ATGATT...!

funflyingguy likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 05:00 PM

Garage
That's my great-grandson Zeke. They tell me his first word was "motorcycle". Lives in Ogden Utah. Too far away. Went to see him last Summer. That's my helmet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 versys 650 lt, oem, pugh, windscreen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode