Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

I rode today!!!

4K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
Ok, it might not be a big deal to some of you, but those of us in the northern climate know how I feel.

Last time I was on the bike was around Thanksgiving, but today the sun cleared and dried the snow off the roads (most of the main highway anyway) so I dropped the battery back in and went for a little spin.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH, yes! I was still cool out but it felt good.

Sorry, I just had to share that, tried telling my wife but she just didn't understand.

Mitch

#10 ·

It’s testimony to just how bad my cabin fever gets by the end of February that I just finished a 1,480-mile weekend trip, 90% of it on interstates. The kind of trip only February could push me to contemplate, even appreciate.

Full report here.

#12 ·
Ah man you went to one of my favorite areas in the states. Clicked onto the dinner link and saw the fried green tomatoes. Really miss the food from that region. Everything seems to taste better fried. Fried Cabbage,Fried Squash,etc,etc......and then the Boiled Peanuts in the summer.......

#11 ·
I totally get it. The last month or so we have had the odd nice day and I couldn,t take it any more so I insured it a month earlier than I had planned.
I have got it 4 or 5 rides in the last few weeks and it was well worth it.
I will take even 1 ride a week for now...

#15 ·
Last time my wife and I drove to FL we stopped at a roadside stand to try some boiled peanuts. We got a bag, I tossed them out the window a mile down the road. The only reason I didn't toss them sooner was I didn't want to upset the vendor, he was a little scary.
We stopped at this guys stand, which was a shanty shack with a couple of walls and a fire and kettle in the middle of it. You had to be there but when we stopped, my wifes conversation with the peanut man went something like this.
wife: Are those boiled peanuts? (pointing at a plastic ziplock bag hanging on the wall).
peanut guy: Nope, ya caint hang bulled peanuts, at's jist a pitchure.
wife: Hah?
guy: (in a loud and forceful voice) Ya caint hang bulled peanuts from a wall, thats jist stoopid, You fokes aint from around hair are ya?

#16 · (Edited)
I'm glad t hear I'm not the only one getting to shake a little cabin fever. It will be a while yet before I do any serious riding though, still too great of a chance of ice on a lot of the roads.

That's ok though, a short ride is better than no ride, plus I got to try out my new N104. Now just to get all the other Christmas farkles (mostly gifts to myself) ready to go. AeroStich was closing out a bunch of their showroom stuff and I'm a sucker, haha. I shopped like a woman, didn't say how much I spent, just how much I saved. I still don't think the wife was impressed. :badidea:

Mitch

#24 ·
I am north of you in St. Marys and continue to ride. Went for a 90 minute cruise today. The roads are dry, almost no dirt/grit - sunshine all around, perfect day for a ride. Yes there is snow everywhere, but as long as it isn't on the pavement, the bike comes out.

Today's ride was much better than last week when I got caught in freezing rain coming back from Stratford.

Don't be a wimp - saddle up :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.