4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bale2011
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 2 Post By webmost

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2017 650 LT with extras

This bike was sold today so the thread can either be locked, deleted or whatever else is necessary. Thanks!
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by Bale2011; Today at 07:31 PM. Reason: Bike sale completed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 03:19 PM

Look up value on Kelly Blue Book for Motorcycle.
I just looked it up $6,600 without your extras

Last edited by Modene; 06-29-2019 at 03:23 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bike sold today.

Last edited by Bale2011; Today at 07:31 PM. Reason: Bike sale completed

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

PM Setting Updated

Thanks for updating

One thing keep in mind, there is a surplus of new 2015, 2016 and 2017 , trying to sell a used bike the last 5 years is a challenge to get your money out. depending on the extra's, it may be easier to sell the bike separately. I was told the same thing, well I sold my mounting and top box separately and got $300 more than what the guy offered me for the complete bike. Yes I didn't want to bother, but I sold my highway mounts and lowering footpegs , thermo-bob and a few other things, altogether I came out $600 ahead .
turn8a likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 06-29-2019 at 07:45 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 08:39 AM

Garage
Hi Bale

1) I am a serial used bike addict. When I get the urge, I start out at searchtempest. Any ad I find there where the owner starts listing the prices of all the mods he has bought, down to the cents, I bail immediately and go to the next listing... because that owner believes that his accessories add value in any proportion to their cost... Which is def not the case. You list, for example, Givi side cases, and what you paid for them. If this is an LT, then it comes with panniers. You list a Givi trunk. That's the second thing I would take off, right after the windshield. Then you list all the racks and mounting plates and backrest and inner bags that go with the Givi deal. What would I need them for without the Givis? You even list the Kawasaki OEM power outlet which I can get something round the corner here at Tri-State Battery for under ten bucks. What you don't list is the bargain center stand I scored off a member here, nor the USB port I scored off Ebay for twelve.

In other words, you have reduced your pool pf prospects to what few fellows want exactly what you want but don't want to enjoy their own farkling process. Doesn't mean you won't find that fellow. Just means you have that much smaller number of sales prospects.

2) I scored my 2016 V650LT with 5200 miles this time last year for $3,700. You want twice that for something of similar age now. I quickly hit searchtempest this morning and I find a 2017 V650LT selling brand new at a dealer for seven grand (https://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcd/d...921505991.html). I have no doubt that, with due diligence and time, I could find one used from a private party for $4k.

3) I think what you have to ask yourself is: What do you want to do here? Do you want to recoup your money? Not gonna happen. Or do you want to sell this thing? You can make that happen. Both? That's asking an awful lot in a buyer's market.

Good luck.
Doug Just Doug and dmer like this.

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Last edited by webmost; 06-30-2019 at 08:44 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmost View Post
Hi Bale

1) I am a serial used bike addict.
2) I scored my 2016 V650LT with 5200 miles this time last year for $3,700.

Good luck.
sweet jeezus! That was a steal!! Been looking for a month or so, and usually find a great deal sooner or later, but Versys owners seem to be a stubborn bunch!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 10:42 AM

webmost nailed it. Those $2500 in farkles might add $250 to the selling price for most buyers. Sad fact, but there it is. I'll cross my fingers that you get lucky, though; spring time and a new rider with cash in his pocket might work out for you. I've always over-farkled my bikes from a dollars and cents perspective, so those who've bought my bikes make out like bandits. :^)

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 11:17 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmer View Post
sweet jeezus! That was a steal!! Been looking for a month or so, and usually find a great deal sooner or later, but Versys owners seem to be a stubborn bunch!
Didn't seem hard to do at the time. Prolly took me a month and a half. I had planned a cross country trip, & the clock was ticking. What I do when I want a bike, I get cash in hand, I hit searchtempest for a 1000 mile radius, every morning first thing, Amtrak will take an old fart like me most anywhere for eighty bucks or so. So, soon's I spot something, I tell the cat I am on the way with green folding cabbage in hand. Have scored a KLR in Rockville IL, a beemer R1200C in Louisville KY, a Guzzi Jackal in Rutland VT, a TransAlp in I-forget-where-upstate New York, a GoldWing in Meriden CT... always a fun ride home. Sierra, my V650LT, I found her in Winston-Salem NC. Rode back via the Blue Ridge Parkway and I-70, so that I could test her out both on twisties and slab. Bunked at a hiker hostel. Bought the old lady a candle at Ye Olde Shoppe. Met some people. Fine ride. Nothing better'n a long ride on a new-to-me. Teaches me what to farkle.

So: stuff your wallet, pack your duffel, widen your search, be ready to jump. Best deals do go quick. I had tried to jump at a couple that were closer to me, including one new for like $5,500 and one used for $4,500; but they were gone time I got hold of the guys.

Guy I bought from was an estate lawyer working from his home. So there may have been some kinda story how he lost his niche at the firm and needed cash. Glad to help him.

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in