For Sale Items for sale

4Likes
  • 1 Post By Galaxydad
  • 1 Post By jaaklucas
  • 2 Post By webmost

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

2016 Versys 650LT. $5475

Price dropped to $5475. I love this bike but I’m ready to move back to a dual sport. It has just over 4,000 miles. It includes a Givi windscreen, usb outlet with voltmeter, Motowerk peg relocations and bar risers, and a touratech gps mount. I can text or email more photos. It is the burnt orange color that is beautiful. It has the hard side cases, hand guards, and ABS brakes. I live in East TN. The price is pretty firm for now, but I may be willing to trade for a WR250R or X. Call or text 423-329-8491.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	751B407D-FACA-4FA6-8E6A-121B982BC34A.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	158045   Click image for larger version

Name:	F977EB44-824C-437E-8EC1-4AFE7C6AFDA0.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	158047   Click image for larger version

Name:	C02AE960-F4C8-46C2-8EB0-1B7D51584EC7.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	158049  
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by Galaxydad; 09-09-2018 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Price drop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Price dropped to $5475.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Looking for some input. After several weeks on Craigslist and a couple here, I havenít had so much as a nibble on this bike. Am I asking too much? I think I have it too low, but I donít know the current state of the market. Thanks

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

= 2015 New

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxydad View Post
Looking for some input. After several weeks on Craigslist and a couple here, I havenít had so much as a nibble on this bike. Am I asking too much? I think I have it too low, but I donít know the current state of the market. Thanks
If I convert to Canadian Dollars, that is roughly what I paid for my 2015 new, minus the bags. If your bike was in Australia I might think about it, but not in TN.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 02:35 PM

Classic conundrum,sell at the near to end of summer riding season for northern hemisphere when everyone is fat and sassy with riding or sell in the spring when bike fever strikes those of us us who prone to the affliction.Especially the younger newbies.Of course if you wanna buy now into the fall and winter is the best time! Clean looking bike though.
Buffalo_Bob likes this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 03:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
I bought Sierra in mid-May, in High Point NC, for $3700. She's a 2016 650LT. Spotless and bone stock at the time I bought her, with mileage similar to yours, and new Michelin Pilots. At the time, I was also looking at brand new leftover stock offered for under $6k.

It's not so much that you are asking too much. It's simply that bikes do not sell for their proper intrinsic value these days, despite what sellers may ask on e-prey, or what Kelly Blue Book may say.

BTW, KBB says 4460 trade and 6470 retail. There's a tendency for private sellers to ask retail. You are not retail. People are willing to pay more at a dealer.

The bottom line is: To sell a bike these days, you have to bend over and smile.

Especially in the Fall... which is but ten days away.

If it were me, which I know it ain't, I would keep the LT, on the theory that it ain't worth selling, and got score a KLR for the dual sport. You can prolly buy a KLR for less than the beating you will take selling this. Multiple bikes is a good thing. That way you have a bike for each purpose.
chrisfla1 and crosshairs like this.

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 11:56 AM

I dont think you are asking too much, your low miles make this a killer price IMO. Keep posting the ad on Cragslist, and try CycleTrader also, I have had surprisingly good luck with their free ads.

Have you thought about a Versys-300X? I bet you could trade a dealer almost straight up for a new one. Not as capable off road as a WR250R, but it would be way way more comfortable than WRR and still more dual-sport capable than the 650, and essentially on par with a KLR in performance on/off-road. Decent compromise

I say that because I have a WRR and hate the seat with every cell in my posterior after 80 miles, but the rest of the bikes qualities are enough to overlook that.

2016 Versys 650LT - Madstad, T-Bob, LeoVince, SeatConcepts, HyperPro CSC Damper, Shoodabeen Flashed
2003 KLR 685 - +1mm IN & EX SS valves P&P, Innovate Wideband O2 Sensor, Progressive 465 w/ RAP, ThermoBob
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

I like the idea of a Versys 300 but not right now. I have had over 40 motorcycles in just 43 years of life, because I am always wanting something different. I spend most of my days with a dual sport and the wife says only one bike. The KLR is definitely not for me. The WR is perfect. I had one a few years back. Underpowered but enough to do the job, and I am a former B class hare scrambles racer. I need a bike for all day 55mph back road riding as well as nasty off road and the WR did both for me very well. The best part about the WR is you have to keep it pinned to get the power off-road. When you ride a bike to it’s limit you feel like Superman. As for the seat, with a Seat Concepts kit I could spend all day on the WR and my butt is very picky. I highly recommend you try one.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

And thanks everyone for the input. The good news is I love the bike. I’m just tired of driving by all the nice gravel roads that I use to spend so much time on. I know the Versys will do it but not like a WR. I guess I’ll just keep posting it and keep enjoying it while I wait for the right buyer.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 09:06 AM

Garage
I think that is a good price. I recently sold my 2015 with similar miles for a little more $$. But it took a *long* time (about a year I think). It's a niche bike, you have to wait for the right kind of buyer.

If you are getting people interested and making you lower offers (not opportunist lowballs), then maybe your price is too high. But if you are not getting any interest - I'd say it's because these are hard bikes to sell. Most people want either a Harley (or clone if they can't afford it) or a sportbike. The market for adventure-touring type bikes is small.

Last edited by zirconx; 09-14-2018 at 09:09 AM.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 03:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Price dropped to $5475. I love this bike but Iím ready to move back to a dual sport. It has just over 4,000 miles. It includes a Givi windscreen, usb outlet with voltmeter, Motowerk peg relocations and bar risers, and a touratech gps mount. I can text or email more photos. It is the burnt orange color that is beautiful. It has the hard side cases, hand guards, and ABS brakes. I live in East TN. The price is pretty firm for now, but I may be willing to trade for a WR250R or X. Call or text 423-329-8491.
Timing is everything. Earlier this spring I was looking for a 650LT and I was hoping to find the burnt orange color. Finally broke down and paid the long dollar for a new 2018 in black. I've got a 2017 WR250R that I would have traded too.

Dave
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 01:15 PM

@Galaxydad --

Any update on this? Admittedly I'm surprised it had not sold as I think you priced it quite well with the modifications.

Good luck with the sale if it hasn't sold yet.

2017 Versys 650 LT -- Titanium
Debadged, Moto Werk lowering kit, slimmed down OEM seat, Shad SH33 top case, Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust, Moto Werk 1" risers, Grab On grip covers
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 12:11 PM

I'm kind of in the same place and am considering waiting until spring to sell it.

Had a dealer take a look at mine, which is identical to yours (2016 LT, with top case, Givi screen, new tires and 7k miles) and they offered me $3200 in a trade which I scoffed at.

For $3200 (+tax reduction) I'll just keep the bike and make a few modifications to make the passenger seat more comfortable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RealBigTuna; 10-18-2018 at 12:22 PM.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 03:11 PM

What ive done for my off road fix is get an electric mountain bicycle.Ride the gravel and get exercise at the same time,the one thing I dont like about full time motorcycling is sitting on my ass all day!Need to keep the older body moving.Easy for me though,I live close to the mountains,range not a big problem.Though if you have a car all you need is a bike rack.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:04 PM

Versys are a different type of breed. If you know what they are it's one thing. I have watched one sit at a Honda/ Yamaha dealer for over 2 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode