Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

What do you need in your Adventure Ride First Aid Kit?

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Davy F 
#1 ·
The add-a-tool thread got a pretty good response, and it was suggested that we add another thread to detail what your emergency kit should include.
I'll start:

1) Vitamin I. Ibuprofen. Lots.

#3 ·
#8 ·
One thing I added was a card I printed out with the drugs and dosage my doctors have me on, heart condition ya know? It can make a big difference if you are badly hurt. Add any allergies to drugs as well. Also contact numbers for your doctors and next of kin can really speed things up if you are unconscious.

I wear this around my neck as well as a copy in my kit.

#10 ·
Ibuprofen
anti-diarrhea tablets
sudafed
steri-strips/butterlies
surgical tape
several size gauze pads
band aids, multiple sizes
alcohol wipes
nitrile gloves
crazy glue
ace bandage
anti-bacterial ointment (neosporin)
anti-fungal creme
Saline solution
Needle
Tweezers
Personal Medical History/Contacts

#11 ·
I want to point out this, if you don't know HOW to properly use something DON'T carry it. I have a friend who carries a field surgery kit, I'd likely cut my thumb off. The thing is he's a Doctor and knows what he's doing.

The best thing is to go take the Red Cross 1st aid and C.R.P. courses as knowledge will do more good than all the junk in a bag. I have my EMT (well out of date now) from my Fire Dept days and really need to bring it up to date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.