Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Emergency Contact Info

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  demenshea 
#1 ·
Someone mentioned this product on another forum I frequent:

:interesting:

I thought it was a great idea and a handsome product so I picked one up in yellow. The website is www.roadid.com

I also like their Firefly clip on strobe light. I might have to pick one up and clip it to the back of my collar for night rides. Just a thought!

See less See more
#2 ·
It's a very whorthwhile product. We wear them religiously (well, faithfully any way). We also have a small decal at the center of our helmet chin bars that reads "Emergency data @ left wrist" Thankfully we've not had to rely on them thus far but it's reassuring to know that, if unconscious, those offering assistance will have access to emergency medical info. I don't communicate very well when unconscious. :D

The Road ID is rather like vehicle insurance. You pay for it but hope never to have to make use of it. By the way, the new (and, of course, more expensive) rubber-like bracelet isn't as bulky as the velcro one and is less noticeable under a riding jacket's sleeve zipper. For what it's worth. :thumb:

#3 ·
The hospitals have been computerizing health records across the provice. If you arrive in the ER now the doctor has your blood type, drug allergies, history of prior conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, etc. all on file even if you have never been to that hospital before. Only issue is you would have to have your medicare number on the tag.

#4 ·
I think these things are as important as the protective gear you wear!

Last year as my brother and I were gearing up for our annual bike vacation we searched the web for medical info devices, and there are many out there. Dog tags, braceletts, USB devices....all sorts. We decided that we wanted one that was easily visible and have the ability to edit the info quickly if needed.

We decided on this: http://www.idonme.com/pendants.php

We have them attached to a zipper pull on the front of our jackets.

~ Wes

#5 ·
Our local grocery store gives away small (wallet sized) emergency info cards w/ a plastic cover. Lots of info can be written on it. I keep one in my wallet. I like the quick reference of the other products better but, something is better than nothing at the moment. I also have that info in a larger form stuck to my fridge in my house. Not that I'm likely to get run over by a truck in my house, but ya never know! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.