Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Riding again in NC!

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Kankujoe 
#1 ·
Picked up my new 2011 Versys on March 20th. This forum helped me decide on the Versys and answered all the questions I had. Most of my previous bikes were sport bikes, with my last one being a ZX-12R. I took a little three year break and now I am back riding :yeahsmile:
This bike does all the things I need and is priced right. I have not done much to it in the past two weeks. Just trimmed the rear fender the first day and fitted my 5 year old Tourmaster TB18 tankbag. I'm having lots of fun with it!
No good pics yet, just one I snapped with my cell.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
:welcome:

#5 ·
Well Kiwi, no comparison as far as peak power. But, the Versys is much easier to ride, the torque is good,
and I like the gear ratio. I have ordered the Motowerk lowering link and a flatfoot.
I can manage at the stock height,but lowering it a little will make it more comfortable in town.
Just filled up for the first time today, 43 mpg on the break in tank.

I see people looking at it at almost every stop trying to figure it out ...
I can't help but laugh in my helmet.

:thumb: :cool: :thumb:

#6 ·
Welcome !!

I'm beginning to notice that there are a growing number of North Carolina riders that are going for the Versys. Mine came from there and, hopefully, it will return when I move back....hopefully, soon!

What a great bike to ride in a great state!

~ Wes

#9 ·
Almost 300 miles in 2 weeks. Rear fender trimmed to behind the plate.
First oil change already done. Motowerk lowering block and flat foot installed tonight.
Dropped the front forks to 1/8" above the lower rough textured portion of the fork tubes.
Will try it there and see how it feels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.