Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

MRA Touring Windshield

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  zedseven50 
#1 ·
Does anyone have an MRA Touring Windshield (MRA.08.060.TM) fitted to their 2010/11 V? I removed the stock item from mine some time ago as I didn't like it - just too vertical - and have been looking for a 'sleeker' item for a long minute. Through this Forum I learnt of Twistedthrottle.com and have seen pics of this screen fitted to a '10/'11 V on that site. From the pics, for me it looks a lot better than stock. Anyone got one? Is it more raked or is it an illusion from the photos? Also, does it utilise the standard fixing locations? Opinions and guidance greatly appreciated....:thumb:

#2 ·
If you mean the vario one that has an adjustable top piece.I just bought one.It uses the same holes as original.Its wider but not that much taller until you raise the deflector.
For me,it didnt do a good job of deflecting the wind,in fact it was worse than the standard one.But from what i read on here,it may be down to the riders height as most who said was good were tall and im not.

So this morning i drilled some new holes along side there the original ones are,to get a steeper angle.Ive not tried it out yet,will let you know later.

#3 ·
Check my siggie link for the MRA Vario on my 2011 V. I had it angled higher as the stock angle is too shallow. Higher angle gets better wind protection, and IMO, looks better on the V. The stock shallow angle looks a little lame.

The MRA Vario uses a couple of sheet metal brackets to make it compatible to the 2010/11/12 V mounting holes. THe basic screen looks the same for the 2009 or earlier models.

#6 ·
Sorry zedseven50 bit I've not seen the one your talking about.

Btw I added the original screen onto the MRA and I can adjust it like the vario as I've used the same brackets.But it worked too well,now I get no wind and I'm getting cooked to death in this Malaysian heat.

#7 ·
I've got one on my '11. It's less upright and doesn't give the buffeting I got from the stocker (although it wasn't really that bad). I'm 6'1" and get a nice steady stream of air starting about my neck. I didn't go for the little Vario part on top as I didn't like the look and enjoy the smooth air over my helmet.

It looks sharp and works well. You should get one! :)

CJ

PS - sorry, no pics, but could snap and post up a few if no one else does.

#9 ·
Hey lach, great seeing you here!

#11 ·
Z750,

Sorry I misunderstood the W/S. Anyway, just posting this pics but would not be the one you are looking for.

I like to have some space to put my gloves for a short stop.

Added a Coolant Temperature gage in the available 'space'

Added GPS mounting ability.

#15 ·
Yes, that's a MRA Vario with an 1" lifted up at the rear with the mounting at the tallest setting. Front mounting on tallest setting.

Bracket got it from ACE Hardware. It was a bar with 4 holes with 1" pitch. Saw them in half and use on either side to give that steeper angle.

#13 ·
MRA Touring Screen

I like the way it looks, but I wish it was about 3 or 4 inches taller. I'm 6'2" with 32" inseam, hope this helps. My screen is the smoke tinted one and it came with all the necessary mounting hardware. I have it in the highest mounting location, plus I made some brackets to tilt it forward about an inch.

Once the weather warms up a bit, I think I will like it better.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.