Suntek Clear Bra - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Suntek Clear Bra

Suntek is the supposed to be the easiest installed clear bra, and the 2nd best quality that you can clean with car wash and car wax. This one for 2010 to 2014 Versys 650 is $55 shipped (w/install kit, instructions, and help line.) YouTube pretty much shows most of how to do it and Lamin-x seems real helpful so far. Good thing, I think it's the only one I've found so far for our bikes anyway: for 2010 to 2014, 2008 to 2009, and V1K too.) A clear bra shop said don't buy it and they would cut and install it for $200 (lol.)

Kawasaki Versys (10-14) Clear Bra Complete

Last edited by kawdog; 01-13-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
how much is large boxing tape?
Saltbuck likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 01:19 AM

Came in expecting something else; left disappointed.
bwwoodard likes this.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
This has been another paid advertisement from Kawdog.
onewizard likes this.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigitt View Post
This has been another paid advertisement from Kawdog.
WTF are you talking about girly name? I have investigated something, and now I am trying it out and sharing it. 5'10" mechanics rule the world and they knick clear coat chips out of the corner of the tank swinging their boots over the tank (all the good mechanics I've had do anyway.)

This is what Porche owners use to maintain their paint jobs for about 7 years average life, and it enhances the looks with an extra thick clear coat that absorbs shocks. As well, this one is guaranteed for 5 years and is the easiest of all to install (at the best price.) And it's the only one that supports all versions of the Vs. 650 (I'm not sure about the 3rd gen though.) And unlike the most expensive brand, Xpel, you just use mild soap and wax to maintain this one. It's a winner for Vs. 650 owners all the way around to deflect paint chips.

What's your contribution on the subject?

** crickets **

It's not hard to figure some dual ID's out. If I'm not mistaken, I think you drop yours over several times a month. You should investigate if before you run your mouth off like you know something.
Saltbuck likes this.

Last edited by kawdog; 01-14-2016 at 06:39 AM.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
WTF are you talking about girly name? I have investigated something, and now I am trying it out and sharing it. 5'10" mechanics rule the world and they knick clear coat chips out of the corner of the tank swinging their boots over the tank (all the good mechanics I've had do anyway.)

This is what Porche owners use to maintain their paint jobs for about 7 years average life, and it enhances the looks with an extra thick clear coat that absorbs shocks. As well, this one is guaranteed for 5 years and is the easiest of all to install (at the best price.) And it's the only one that supports all versions of the Vs. 650 (I'm not sure about the 3rd gen though.) And unlike the most expensive brand, Xpel, you just use mild soap and wax to maintain this one. It's a winner for Vs. 650 owners all the way around to deflect paint chips.

** crickets **

It's not hard to figure some dual ID's out. If I'm not mistaken, I think you drop yours over several times a month. You should investigate if before you run your mouth off like you know something.
Are you OK? would you like a glass of water.

I don't have dual ID's

I read your post... is sounds like it was a paid advert. That is all.

Why attack people!

Quote:
Suntek is the supposed to be the easiest installed clear bra, and the 2nd best quality that you can clean with car wash and car wax. This one for 2010 to 2014 Versys 650 is $55 shipped (w/install kit, instructions, and help line.) YouTube pretty much shows most of how to do it and Lamin-x seems real helpful so far. Good thing, I think it's the only one I've found so far for our bikes anyway: for 2010 to 2014, 2008 to 2009, and V1K too.) A clear bra shop said don't buy it and they would cut and install it for $200 (lol.)

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 10:50 AM

Too much of a hasle when you can use this:

BTW, These kind of posts come across are really annoying because:

- You just found the product on the internet.
- You come here and preach the benefits of a product you have no first hand experience with.
- You back up your claims with regurgitated marketing BS found on said product's website.
- You continue making up BS to backup your claims. For example, why Porsche owners? Why 7 years? How do you know that if this product is used on a Porsche it will keep the paint pristine for 7 years? Are you aware that there are several other products that do the exact same thing?
- And before you do it, you'll claim you know it because you're an engineer and your vast experience as a consultant for the automotive industry.

Finally, it's just plain good old clear bra that is pre-cut. I can get a roll of the same stuff and cut it to my liking.

Last edited by Süsser Tod; 01-14-2016 at 11:08 AM.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
WTF are you talking about girly name?
Quote:

** crickets **

c'mon joe, jump in and defend your boy.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:

Never thought Much about doing that to a bike, not a street bike anyway. Looks good. 55 bucks doesnt seem bad, are you going to try it?
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Never thought Much about doing that to a bike, not a street bike anyway. Looks good. 55 bucks doesnt seem bad, are you going to try it?
Yes, at first I was afraid to do it, but after looking at many YouTube installations, and with the Lamin-X support, I finally figured it was worth a try. I just wanted the gas tank mainly and if there was a $20 tank only pattern, that's what I'd do. But this is the only pre-cut I could find for the Vs. 650, and in the most robust Suntek material available: stated from ALL (100%) installers, from historical surveys over the last 10 years. There is not much bs on installer forum websites because they are well moderated from expert installers and members alike (no unrestricted ADVriders.)

It's a clean-room operation and I don't have a digitizer (cutter) or software patterns. You want to minimize handling and it's not just cutting paper dolls out. I saw how to trim it, but would not chance screwing the material up by cutting up raw material with scissors. Cleaning and preparation are 95% of a quality job, inside a garage. I've used a digitizer for cutting aviation fuel cell patterns because of the high cost of materials; but in this case, it's more important due to minimizing material handling of the sensitive material that clings onto the waxed surface with surface tension alone. It's not something to go into unprepared:but to save up to $200 installation cost, it's worth a shot given the material and pre-cut advantage (no excess material flopping around.)
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 12:58 PM

Ill have to see how it finishes out.. I have not looked at any videos, but the idea seems pretty straightforward. I always worry about small air bubbles with these types of things.. I usually can't seem to get a 100% clear installation with no bubbles.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Ill have to see how it finishes out.. I have not looked at any videos, but the idea seems pretty straightforward. I always worry about small air bubbles with these types of things.. I usually can't seem to get a 100% clear installation with no bubbles.
when I put on my Kawi marketed tank pad I was annoyed by couple bubbles in the middle, but they went away aftre the bike sat in the sun for a few hours.

not comparing products just lettin you know what happened to me
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The basic method is to cling the center of the pattern down with the scraper. Then on one side, cling one of the edges down and scrap all bubbles out to the other side while applying soap concoction liberally. Fasten the end and then start on the other side.

Many of the video's look like a magic show at first, but some of them go through pain-staking detail to get the idea across. Cars seem hard due to the size of the material and surface detailing required.

The edges are the important part in installation and care (don't high pressure hose <12" away from edge.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
when I put on my Kawi marketed tank pad I was annoyed by couple bubbles in the middle, but they went away aftre the bike sat in the sun for a few hours.

not comparing products just lettin you know what happened to me
I let my mechanic do that, lol. There were a couple of air bubbles too, that the Sun took out the first sunny day. Those are hard because of the glue. He put it on for free, so it turned out to be a good deal Aligning the complicated oem Versys tank (nut) pad was the hardest thing to install correctly, which he did perfect!

Last edited by kawdog; 01-14-2016 at 04:25 PM.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Ive removed a couple of posts from Joe and JDRocks due to a complaint, lets keep it above board gentlemen and I will shout you a beer when I get to the states if you behave!
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by kiwi 41; 01-14-2016 at 07:16 PM.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 08:12 PM
Banned

One wizard...the will never kick out the no versys owning god weeeeeeeeeejo ...they are terrified of him...good luck
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 08:40 PM

sometimes I come to browse & just feel good about my self
silviefox likes this.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 08:47 PM

Garage
personally, i've dropped in since 2008 because the forum was such a stress free zone...oops, i meant stress free prior to 2015.
onewizard likes this.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 09:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltbuck View Post
One wizard...the will never kick out the no versys owning god weeeeeeeeeejo ...they are terrified of him...good luck
could be mistaken, but i don't think he has even owned a Versys since about 2012.
onewizard and silviefox like this.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
sometimes I come to browse & just feel good about my self
i know right ? lol

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 06:36 AM

Suntek Clear Bra

[QUOTE=kawdog;1044857]"WTF are you talking about girly name? I have investigated something, and now I am trying it out and sharing it. 5'10" mechanics rule the world and they knick clear coat chips out of the corner of the tank swinging their boots over the tank (all the good mechanics I've had do anyway.) "

I have no problem with you sharing info on a new product but to state that 5'10" mechanics knick chips of clear coat off the tank indicates you have dealt with some very pitiful people. For a mechanic to kick a customers tank while getting on a motorcycle is the epitome of sorry. I am 5'10" tall and have been getting on and off motorcycles for over 50 years and have never ever kicked a single tank doing so. I can mount my Versys a variety of ways and the tank never is touched. To entrust my bike with someone who would possibly damage my tank getting on my bike to me is totally disgusting and I really feel sorry for you if that's the best mechanics you can find to work on your bike. I truly hope you find better in the future. Good luck!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
onewizard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode