Givi E22N Side cases - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stoley

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Givi E22N Side cases

Look what showed up, I pick these up off the Revzilla for $199 they were discounted blems so I thought for that price I might as will get them ordered. don't ask what the blem is I can't figure it out. I went with the E22's mostly for price and size I did want anything to big it's not like I'll be taking any long trips anytime soon, maybe an occasional overnight and with the uppercase that came with the bike I should have plenty of room for that.

I read a lot of reviews on the E22 before hand and the major complaints were flimsy lids but I don't see that they seem very solid and durable to me, good latch seals well I can't wait to get them on the bike and try them out now I just need to order the mounts before spring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1452350665306.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	78057  
ATYC likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 09:49 PM

Garage
I've been using the E21s for years now. Daily commutes, day rides, and some tours (though I have bigger boxes for touring purposes now) They have been great and I don't think you can beat 'em for the price. The E22s are all that and they look better.

Always trust your cape.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 01:29 PM

I have also been using the E21s for more than five years and 56,000 miles, including many one-up trips of a week or longer, and I suspect the E22s will hold up even better. I occasionally think about getting the Trekkers, but I love the simple top opening of the 21s and even the smaller 33L Trekkers would add four inches of total width. I've decided it's better just to stick to my packing light discipline. When I'm camping, the camping gear goes on the passenger seat in a dry bag. Of course if I were doing longer trips two-up, it would be different, but for one-up day rides and solo tours, plus everyday errands and transportation, the E21s have been perfect for me. I suspect you'll be happy with the E22s unless you're the type who likes to take everything with you.

If you've already sorted out the rear turn signals (and there's plenty of info on other threads) skip this part. A tip I picked up from someone here was to buy a set of rear turn signals for a late-model KLR650. I didn't like the way the Givi relocation brackets looked. The KLR650 signals bolt right on, require no modifications to the wiring and don't interfere with the bags. Photos below show bags with Givi relocation bracket and then with KLR signals.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by motociclista; 01-10-2016 at 01:32 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 02:12 PM
Biz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The 'blems' were probably just returns, so nothing was wrong with them; good score!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode