ER6N blinkers under racks - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ER6N blinkers under racks

Well got the idea from a member over on advrider.com Looks like the euro er6n blinkers are 10 cm where as the versys blinkers are much longer making them need to be reloaced during the givi rack install. I hate the relocation so i'm trying to get ahold of some of the blinkers to use. I believe they will work, but i'll never know for sure untill i get some or get them on. So has anyone over here swapped there rear blinkers to fit inside the rack in the stock location? Anyone have an us spec er6n that they could mesure the factory blinkers for there length?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 07:42 PM

um, there is an er6-n sitting right next to my Versys with with Givi luggage and racks on it. Now I need the motivation to go out there and measure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothercannon View Post
um, there is an er6-n sitting right next to my Versys with with Givi luggage and racks on it. Now I need the motivation to go out there and measure.
Would be great if you could give them a measure. Here is what i came up with:

Here are the racks i'm dealing with:

And Givi's horible relocation idea:

Versys factory blinkers, looks like a tad under 5":

About the gap i'm working with, i say about because there is a spacer on the Givi reloaction stuff so i'm looking at about another 1/16" Looking about 4 1/4"

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 08:55 PM

I gave the blinkers a quick look over this evening. I only used my hand as a measurement tool but it looks like the they are the same size in length if not a tad longer. I'll try to remember to snap a few quick pics tomorrow.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 08:36 AM

Sorry it took me so long but here is a pic of an ER-6n rear turn signal.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 03:08 PM

I never bothered to relocate my turn signals when I installed my V35's. As with you I did not like the look of the adjustment and since I tend to ride mostly without the luggage on I did not want the permanent change to the turn signals. Instead I bought the Admore lighting kit for the luggage so I don't need to worry about people seeing my turn signals.
The stock turn signals just barely touch the back of the cases when they are on which is not a big deal.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 04:05 PM

I'm confused (Not that hard at my age) . I have Givi racks and my relocation has a mounting bracket. Does not look bad IMO. Here are some pics and where I drilled a small hole to run the wires. The only difference I see between the two is I am using Caribou bags instead of V35 (I guess).
Your relocation looks different?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06946.jpg (221.7 KB, 295 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06948.jpg (226.8 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06949.jpg (239.6 KB, 288 views)

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I'm confused (Not that hard at my age) . I have Givi racks and my relocation has a mounting bracket. Does not look bad IMO. Here are some pics and where I drilled a small hole to run the wires. The only difference I see between the two is I am using Caribou bags instead of V35 (I guess).
Your relocation looks different?
The Givi racks and relocation brackets are different on the older V's.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 04:47 PM

OK, thanks for clarification.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode