CustomLED - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
CustomLED

CUSTOMLED BLASTER-X

My wife followed me home the night I bought my gen III 650 and she mentioned I was hard to spot with the stock tail/brake light. My first thought was to add a flasher to the stock light..$50. Then I wanted something brighter..$50-130 (P3 brake lights are $125). I stumbled across customLED and was sold on their Blaster-X because it was plug and play, bright, and modulated.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of integrated turn/tail lights because most people use'em to eliminate the rear fender and turn signals. I noticed that the Blaster-X had 32 red and 32 yellow LEDs. I called CustomLED late one night and spoke with someone who reassured me it was bright enough but if I wasn't completely satisfied he would build me one with all reds. This personal touch meant they had confidence in their product.

I ordered the Blaster-X tailight and it arrived wrapped, boxed with a business card and decal sticker. Installation couldn't have been easier, all plug and play, not even a one beer job. It's my opinion that the Blaster-X running light is brighter than the stock gen III BRAKE light and the brake light with standard four-pulse modulation is plenty bright to wake cagers up. photos won't do it justice, just check out thes videos on their website or youtube.

Obviously this light has a sweet spot. Typical sedan drivers are eye level (particularly since the versys sits higher up) and off axis viewing is still good.

Overall I'm very happy with the Blaster-X and would recommend it to anyone.

194 AUTOMOTIVE LED

To my eyes the low beam headlight has a slightly higher color temp than the stock running light so I wanted a blub that would match my OZ-USA spot driving lights. I thought customLEDs "white" 194 bulb would do it, based on the stock photo they had on their website. I attached a photo off their website that clearly shows the white bulb looking white. I ordered a pair and was disappointed for a couple of reasons. First they are very directional and minimal light is reflected in the headlight (see below). Second the color temp is much higher than I expected and made it look like I was a member of the squid squadron. Back to stock I went.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	versys-tail-light-blaster-x.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	76993   Click image for larger version

Name:	194_big.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	77001   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	77009  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
get trailer lights and a relay and bam big bright tail lights
and as for running lights , i got these 5led jobies from the wall farts

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"

Last edited by silviefox; 12-16-2015 at 09:26 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I did the blaster x tail light years ago, it's bloody brilliant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode