Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
wow really?! i think thats a bit over priced for a peace of chrome metal

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Chrome don't get you home...
silviefox likes this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 07:13 AM

does it come in flat black?

j/k
Lours_Polaire and AlaskaJeff like this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
It's not a Harley so I'm not sure how well chrome bling will sell.
silviefox likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
does it come in flat black?

j/k
I'd think about one in black. But Chrome NOT for me. I've even de-chromed my Fatboy over the years.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
If you get it don't go through Compton or Inglewood....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
wow really?! i think thats a bit over priced for a peace of chrome metal
Well, I was looking for Red CNC T-6061 AL CNC, except the only one was an ebay Chinese with no hardware, instructions, or service. I have enough ebay, Chinese, Viet Nam, and Thailand bad buys to last me a lifetime: so any red flags limits my purchasing field.

It's my only polished SS piece (and ACTUALLY, it is POLISHED SS, NOT CHROME); and when someone asks what my bike is, I'll just point to it. What a time-saver!

Most of the rest of my bike is in black with no chrome at all, so it's nice break up shadow effect of dullness. I'm not Johnny Cash, and my bike is not a dirt bike (AND ACTUALLY, it is NOT CHROME so please quit the chrome bitchin'!)

Last edited by kawdog; 12-01-2015 at 02:49 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
Well, I was looking for Red CNC T-6061 AL CNC, except the only one was an ebay Chinese with no hardware, instructions, or service. I have enough ebay, Chinese, Viet Nam, and Thailand bad buys to last me a lifetime: so any red flags limits my purchasing field.

It's my only polished SS piece (and ACTUALLY, it is POLISHED SS, NOT CHROME); and when someone asks what my bike is, I'll just point to it. What a time-saver!

Most of the rest of my bike is in black with no chrome at all, so it's nice break up shadow effect of dullness. I'm not Johnny Cash, and my bike is not a dirt bike (AND ACTUALLY, it is NOT CHROME so please quit the chrome bitchin'!)
my bike says sylvester.. i love peoples look of confusion and ya buying anything from ebay (not just china) is a game of risk, ive gotten screwed by more deals from the usa and canada then china. but i also only buy from pitiable sellers that have customer reviews that are not fake and only buy an item after i did some research on it (if its anything over $2 that is)

and next time you want something like that made go to a metal shop (if you have one in range) you could have gotten that made for a 6pack and a fiver probably

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
my bike says sylvester.. i love peoples look of confusion and ya buying anything from ebay (not just china) is a game of risk, ive gotten screwed by more deals from the usa and canada then china. but i also only buy from pitiable sellers that have customer reviews that are not fake and only buy an item after i did some research on it (if its anything over $2 that is)

and next time you want something like that made go to a metal shop (if you have one in range) you could have gotten that made for a 6pack and a fiver probably
I'll give you that, but not engineered to interface with 'my' brake system with SS screws too. It was all that was out there meeting my criteria for quality. And there is a continuum of risks associated with the source, so no one is safe at any time. But just wasting my time getting my money back is the greatest theft possible. I paid $10 too much for a quality good I didn't have to return, order hardware for, or re-engineer on assembly: sounds like a great deal to me.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
If it makes you happy......what else matters?
Lours_Polaire and silviefox like this.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
If it makes you happy......what else matters?
Theoretically, it won't make me sad until after I try it out first. SS is always a good background for flat black paint if I sand it with a coarse grind sand paper (and Rustoleum paint may not need surface prepping) I'll check it out first and may ride it that way before I decide. All input is good input, but I can clearly do either. Deciding without seeing it on your bike is always hard to visualize, so I like to hear all points on both sides beforehand.

The Sun may reflect light in my eyes with it right in front of me and it may look too 'Harley gaudy' for my tastes. If it isn't 'perfect', it will stand out pretty bad on my bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode