Wiring in aux. hand guard lights - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Wiring in aux. hand guard lights

I'm a little challenged on electronics at time, and while checking the diagrams from the manual, want to run this by you learned souls. I got the Acerbis Dual Handguards and the turn signal indicator inserts. Not a fused item, and they wire directly into your turn signal wire(s). Directions don't exist, and I was going to wire the red to the green(left) or gray(right) wire on the V, but did not know where to ground the black wire. It's easy when adding things like a Backoff modulator or Admore lights at the rear of my beastie having drilled a hole in the frame for grounding items, but not sure what to do when needing to ground items up front. How and where do you all ground up by the handlebars?
There is also a black/yellow wire that feeds the turn signals in addition to the green or gray wires. Should I be splicing into that for the ground? I thought that would be from the emergency flasher relay, but I have been known to be wrong, many times.
Thanks in advance.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
The black/yellow 'trace' IS the ground wire. Suggest you use that, and solder the joints UNLESS you have one of those VERY expensive crimpers...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 04:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Seeing as you are not experianced with electricals instead of soldiering I suggest you use posi taps dead simple and reliable

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks guys. I have used the posi-taps for other stuff. I have been on the hunt for some since I posted this yesterday, but none of the big name auto parts guys carry them. I am off to Wally World right now, and if they don't have them, there will be an Amazon order tonight. Eddie, I was worried about the location being subject to water, and was concerned about my soldering and sealing skills and had planned to try and seal with liquid electrical tape. Turns out the Posi folks make a waterproof version called posi-seal.

Thanks again, especially the advice on the ground wire. To quote the famous philosopher Homer Simpson, "duh".

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode