The Corbin Has Arrived! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The Corbin Has Arrived!

Got home today and the doorbell rang, I figured it was something for my wife but lo' and behold without warning from Corbin it was my seat!

I haven't adjusted the backrest yet, I haven't even gone for a ride (it's about to rain). I'll need some time before I can tell you much about it. Fit and finish on the seat is great. Fit and finish on the bike not so much as the gaps are larger than stock and I had to add washers to the locking mechanism (per Corbins tech recommendation) in order to get it to fit, but so far so good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0189.jpg (975.1 KB, 415 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0190.jpg (967.1 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0191.jpg (968.7 KB, 460 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 07:03 PM

I got mine today also. Wait til you go for a ride, you'll be quite happy. Here's a link to my pics. http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/sho...p?t=367&page=4
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 07:40 PM

Looks comfy but I think it would be to low for us long legged guys. Or maybe it just looks lower in the pictures. Is it lower or the same height?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

If anything it feels a smidge higher. If I hadn't celebrated with 3 bourbons after work I may have been able to actually go out and test it!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 07:48 PM

Send it to me and I will compare it with my seat and let you know

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pversys View Post
If anything it feels a smidge higher. If I hadn't celebrated with 3 bourbons after work I may have been able to actually go out and test it!
Did you get the Elephant leather? That's what I ordered mine with. Where is it??? Hopefully getting ready to get unloaded out front tomorrow.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 05:40 AM

I think it's a bit lower IMHO. But only if you sit back in the indentations made for you hiney.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Got home today and the doorbell rang, I figured it was something for my wife but lo' and behold without warning from Corbin it was my seat!

I haven't adjusted the backrest yet, I haven't even gone for a ride (it's about to rain). I'll need some time before I can tell you much about it. Fit and finish on the seat is great. Fit and finish on the bike not so much as the gaps are larger than stock and I had to add washers to the locking mechanism (per Corbins tech recommendation) in order to get it to fit, but so far so good!
I got mine today and put 40 miles on it. Dick and the twins never had to be adjusted. I'm very happy so far with it. It doesn't seem to be any higher or lower than the stock one. Mine has red trim and no backrest. I love it so far and have pics. I hope they upload, because I'm new to this site. My e-mail is: [email protected] If anyone has tried the Speedy lowering links and could tell me how much they would help lowering the rear for even less pushing forward I'd be interested in pics or info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Side02.jpg (232.3 KB, 330 views)
File Type: jpg Seat01.jpg (194.5 KB, 381 views)
File Type: jpg Seat02.jpg (212.8 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg Seat03.jpg (200.5 KB, 385 views)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

OK, the red trim is pretty cool. There were so many options I was overwhelmed. If, as usual, I had not been in such a hurry I may have chosen some other options. As it were I got the seat exactly as it starts on the website, no options.

After my first commute on the new saddle I'm sticking to my guns that the seat is ever so slightly higher. It's negligible but I feel it in the bend of my legs as well as when I put my foot down and especially in the windshield. I set mine to the highest position and today there was a whole lot more wind noise, so add to the price of the Corbin a taller windshield.

Overall still happy and looking forward to the Corbin break-in.

Hate23putt, did your seat lock in place first try? Or did you have to add washers to the bracket under the seat?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate23putt View Post
I got mine today and put 40 miles on it. Dick and the twins never had to be adjusted. I'm very happy so far with it. It doesn't seem to be any higher or lower than the stock one. Mine has red trim and no backrest. I love it so far and have pics. I hope they upload, because I'm new to this site. My e-mail is: [email protected] If anyone has tried the Speedy lowering links and could tell me how much they would help lowering the rear for even less pushing forward I'd be interested in pics or info.
OK, that looks great. I just sent Corbin a note asking if there was still time to add the red welt on mine. Thanks for the photos!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
OK, the red trim is pretty cool. There were so many options I was overwhelmed. If, as usual, I had not been in such a hurry I may have chosen some other options. As it were I got the seat exactly as it starts on the website, no options.

After my first commute on the new saddle I'm sticking to my guns that the seat is ever so slightly higher. It's negligible but I feel it in the bend of my legs as well as when I put my foot down and especially in the windshield. I set mine to the highest position and today there was a whole lot more wind noise, so add to the price of the Corbin a taller windshield.

Overall still happy and looking forward to the Corbin break-in.

Hate23putt, did your seat lock in place first try? Or did you have to add washers to the bracket under the seat?

Took it out of the box and slapped it on. I didn't know there were any problems with it fitting. When you say you set yours to the highest setting, I assume you were talking about your windshield correct? The seats only have the one setting.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 09:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to scaryfast777 Send a message via Skype™ to scaryfast777
Hey all,
Does the Corbin saddle come with the backrest or is it an add-on? I noticed that it was quite $$ just for the backrest, but thats the main reason that my wife and I want to get the saddle. For her to rest her back on long rides.

-Scaryfast777

The Secret To Creativity Is knowing How To Hide Your Sources. -Albert Einstein
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaryfast777 View Post
Hey all,
Does the Corbin saddle come with the backrest or is it an add-on? I noticed that it was quite $$ just for the backrest, but thats the main reason that my wife and I want to get the saddle. For her to rest her back on long rides.
It's an add-on. The passenger saddle looks to be larger than the stock model or at least higher sitting.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Backrest is a very expensive option. In fact, the backrest is the only reason I got the seat. My wife simply would not ride the bike without one and I didn't want a top box so this seemed to be the only option at the time. Then as I was waiting for "our" new seat I started to feel the effects of the stock seat and now I am happy with the Corbin for more reasons than one.

Yes, I have my windshield at the highest setting and with the new seat I am hearing much more wind noise so while I do not want to I believe I will have to go ahead and purchase a larger windshield.

Just to clarify for anyone with a Corbin on the way, Hate23putt's seat fit first try no problem, my seat did not. After a lot of trial and error I called Corbin and they recommended adding washers under the locking bracket of the seat. Two bolts and four washers later my seat fit perfectly and Corbin mentioned that after a few months as the seat settled down I could probably take the washers out so just be prepared for a tight fit and don't throw a tantrum like I did if it doesn't fit first try!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 07:45 AM

Love the red piping.

The red piping looks nice. I didn't order it as I plan on painting the red pieces another color (black, more than likely)over the winter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seat 006 (Large).jpg (152.8 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg seat 002 (Large).jpg (115.3 KB, 286 views)

Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Seriously, no offense intended here, but you have posted this problem in every thread related to Corbin on this site! Your solution should be leaping out at you. Look at the number of responses to inquiries about the Corbin seat on this site? Lots of Versys owners want one, put up a for sale thread on this site, offer it to them for $50 less than Corbin, it's never been riden and it's brand new! Most of us are EXTREMELY impatient and would love a brand new seat with ZERO wait time (Corbin currently running 4-6 weeks) for $50 less than retail.

I know you are angry with Corbin, follow through on that front, it's good to keep companies on their toes regarding customer service! First figure out how to get out of a seat you don't like with minimal loss!

Just my 2 cents, don't get pissed.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 06:29 PM

No offense taken. You ever heard how unhappy word travels faster than happy? Prime example. I may have overdid it-but I wanted to make sure that anyone that has subscribed to corbin info is informed before they make a decision. The seat I like-But the backrest and unwillingness to even try to resolve the situation is rather disheartening. AS I said in the post I offered them solutions and they rejected them. Solutions mind you that would have cost them at most a few bucks shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode