Annoying unavailability of 2010 add-ons! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Annoying unavailability of 2010 add-ons!

Hi guys,

I guess just like in the usa, in europe its hard to be able to buy add-ons for the 2010 versys.

It seems the 2010 is in need of a parts sub-forum in itself!

Were deep into June for christ sake! whats happening? I mean.. I want to buy, please suppliers make available!

Just expressing my annoyance.

Maybe owners of 2010 model could post a list of what they experienced to fit correctly?

thks in advance

nino
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 06:48 AM

In the states we had it a little easier because the V had already been out in Europe and Canada for a year. It does seem like the changes they made to the 2010 V are in all the right places to require different add-ons.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 AM

I wonder how many 2010s are sold. If the speculation on this forum is true (that the 2010s had a very short run) then there may not be enough of a market for some manufactures to make parts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

On the other side of reason, only shows that pre-2010 model owners are happy enough not to change or swap model lololol

So I guess me as a future mod 2010 will even be more!!

Back here in portugal being typical latin hot blood rushed people, most go for the faster lane meaning z750 and such.
In this type class calmer people go for v-strom, transalp and f650gs.

Id rather be in the "exclusive" side of things, as there are no more then a few dozen versys around. But regardless sales are up on 2010 model in italy, france, uk and greece.

Will I be the first to test-ride a bunch of 2010 model farkles? hope not, not really wealthy on doe, if I was would probably go for the new multistrada, costing as much as a med sized quality car.

rgds
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 09:07 AM

To Farkle, or not to Farkle, that's a no brainer. I think it's because there are so few 2010's out there. If they don't change the 2011, there should be some aftermarkets available. Maybe you could inquire with Twisted Throttle, they seem to have everything.

My Album:
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
To Farkle, or not to Farkle, that's a no brainer. I think it's because there are so few 2010's out there. If they don't change the 2011, there should be some aftermarkets available. Maybe you could inquire with Twisted Throttle, they seem to have everything.
Yes, they do, and are smart enough to split what is pre 2010 and what is 2010.

This entrepeneurship small and big companies have over there is one of the things that make the usa such a great country.. with exceptions (guns and such). Lack of that is one of the reasons europe is falling in recession.. sooner or later though economically well all be overrun by china. but thats a diff issue altogether.

Anyway shipping from usa to the other side of the ocean can turn a 70usd item become a 120usd item.. plus if it gets caught in customs even worse. And thats a prob! lol

rgds

Last edited by ninogui; 06-16-2010 at 09:27 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Just to tell you all I got confirmation from Chris at skidmarx.co.uk sales their fenda extenda will fit 2010 versys model, thus I ordered one.

Correction: skid checked again and it doesnt fit! on backorder now.

rgds

Last edited by ninogui; 06-17-2010 at 03:39 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 AM

I have a 2009 and a 2010. The only issue on farkles so far is the windscreen on the 2010 is different from all the earlier years. But CalSci
is shipping a nice looking windscreen in several different sizes. (I have the medium version coming.) Twisted throttle promises to have a Givi for the 2010 V the end of June (they're accepting orders now.).

Otherwise, everything that fit on the 2009, also worked on the 2010. Even the seats are interchangeable.

Last edited by onewizard; 10-01-2018 at 01:25 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 12:37 PM

Suggested Source for 2010 Models

Looks like Twisted Throttle has quite a bit for the 2010 Versys:

Good luck!

Last edited by onewizard; 10-01-2018 at 01:25 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyNeal View Post
Otherwise, everything that fit on the 2009, also worked on the 2010. Even the seats are interchangeable.
The side case and top case mounts (Givi and SW Motech) differ on the 2010's. Everything listed for 07-09 specifically says it will not fit a 2010. The bolt patterns for grab rails must have changed during the redesign.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 10:22 PM

Hi all,

I just purchased a 2010 and here in Australia the entire rear end is different. So for me I have to wait for a tail tidy to be produced as the 2009 version doesn't fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode