Motorcycle Cover for Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Motorcycle Cover for Versys

I took a chance and ordered this cover for my DR650 about a year ago and it also fits my Versys even with mirror wideners. It's thick and heavy duty Cordura nylon (I think) and is the best cover I've ever had and I've had some that turn into rags in a few months. It has grommet holes along the bottom for a locking cable or in my case, I put a carbiner through two of them and slip them over the footpegs to keep the wind from blowing it off but it fits so well that might not be necessarry but I like to be sure. It's a "Classic Motogear Extreme" cover. It comes in 3 sizes and this one is the smallest "Sport" size and goes for about $70 from IVG stores.com and probably other vendors too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Classic Motogear extreme cover #1.jpg (594.6 KB, 311 views)
File Type: jpg Classic Motogear extreme cover #2.jpg (578.4 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg Classic Motogear extreme #3.jpg (460.1 KB, 473 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 11:02 AM

Garage
Hi Aleeoop

I found it

It looks like you have rear panniers but not a top box. Do you think it would still fit if you have a full set of Givi?

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Actually, there are no panniers under the cover in the picture but it did stretch over the Pelican cases on my DR650 so I think it will also fit over Pelican cases on the Versys. A givi top case sticks up and back quite a ways so I'm not sure it would fit over them but I think it may just make it. I'm sure a larger size would fit but I would go with the smallest possible so it doesn't get blown all over the place in windy conditions. There are 3 sizes available and mine is the smallest. They have "Sport", "Cruiser" and "Touring" versions. Actually, the advertisement gives the dimensions so you can measure prior to ordering. That's what I did.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:25 PM

cover

Nice cover. I just got a new one myself. I went with a custom cover (http://www.mightycovers.com/Motorcycle-Cover.htm) for my KLE 650 Versys. It fits perfectly. I am all about protecting my bike.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:55 PM

Garage
I ended up with a Dowco Ultralight in a Large (not XL) size because that was what was available at Burnaby Kawasaki & I could try it for size before buying.

I could have saved $$12 by mail order but I would rather support the dealer in this case

It fits over the standard Givi cases perfectly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3903.JPG (238.2 KB, 282 views)

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode