Rear turn signal replacement - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Rear turn signal replacement

Hi,

I have the Givi turnsignal relocation kit on my V to make room for the twin E360 bags. I don't like the unfinished look of the turn signals and would like to put something different on the bike. I want something that will mount in the stock location and still clear the bags.

Any ideas?

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 12:22 PM

I haven't used them, but Kellermann units appear to be the biz:

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/kellermann.cfm
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 01:08 PM

I have used Kellerman signals...they are the best made an brightest LED signals I have ever seen.

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

They look like what I was looking for.

Thanks!
Ed
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 12:26 PM

Anyone done these or something else? The relo on the stock ones looks bad....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

I decided to go to my dealer and do some measuring. It looks like the rear signals from a ZX6 are short enough to fit in the stock location. They have the same mounting flange as the originals so I ordered a set. They should be in next week so I will post the results.

Ed
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 10:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to Bryan Baker
SW Motech Brackets

I got the Motech brackets for the Versys (Givi) cases because of the advise of this forum (see previous threads) and they came with the relocation kit. I had the cases last week and the brackets came today from Twisted Throttle.

I took one of the turn signals off to study shortening the stem (not promising). I studied the system for a bit and started loose fitting everything to see how much the lights would interfere with the brackets. As it turns out, the brackets clear the lights by about a quarter inch on either side. So I have yet to relocate the lights while I contemplate the situation. The lights are certainly less visable from the side than they were before the cases. I did certainly put the light bracket on to stablize the brackets.

I agree that the relocated lights would look unfinished. At first I thought about getting a second complete set of turn signal assemblies and mount those on the relocation bracket. Now my thought is to find some type of bubble light assemble that would mount on the bracket and basically face outward left/right. Some arrangement like this might look more like it was designed that way. The mounting holes are oval but that doesn't concern me since I can fabricate and TIG weld whatever I need to do to adapt light mounts.

So right now I am running un-relocated lights and it looks great. Visability is my main concern but I am equally interested in the astetics.

Suggestions????

I can't speak to the Givi brackets.

Bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode