Trunks, Luggage, Racks - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Trunks, Luggage, Racks

Looking for some kind of luggage for my '09 Versys. Mainly two hardbags for each side. Anyone know where to find these or have other suggestions for carrying gear, extra helmet, tent, sleeping bag, rain gear, etc.???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Sidecase-Kawa original
Tank beg-Rev Rider
Tail Bag- Rays.

You should be able to find a lot by just Googleing the items.

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 05:38 AM

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
www.sporttour.com

Fast service great prices

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'll look into it.

P.S. "Fastoman" that is epic. Looks like you go cross country on that thing.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeDaBike View Post
Looking for some kind of luggage for my '09 Versys. Mainly two hardbags for each side. Anyone know where to find these or have other suggestions for carrying gear, extra helmet, tent, sleeping bag, rain gear, etc.???
Putting on the Wife's V two cases I got from JC Whitney, I have added extra LED signals and brake light strips. These cases cost maybe 120.00 together, I bought two more of the same size for myself at Besten.com , cost a few dollars more but not the 400 - 600.oo for other luggage.
If someone reminds me I could post some pictures one day

2005 50cc scooter, 2007 GS500f, 2008 DL650 Vstrom,
I'm here for my wife's V . She lets me Farkle her Ride. No Diamonds for her, but shiney stuff for the bike is Okay
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:24 PM

corbin tribag question

Has anyone used the corbin tribag set up with the two saddle bags and the tail bag?

I can't get a straight answer from any of the dealers as to whether there needs to be any type of rack installed or if these just are made to hang free.

Anyone with experience with these?
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeterson1954 View Post
Has anyone used the corbin tribag set up with the two saddle bags and the tail bag?

I can't get a straight answer from any of the dealers as to whether there needs to be any type of rack installed or if these just are made to hang free.

Anyone with experience with these?
The wife used two tail bags, soft like the ones you are talking about. While I rode behind her I didn't like how the bags would semi-fold into the rear tire area. Granted the bags never touched the rear tire, but I didn't think it all too safe. I then ordered a Givi Rack, placed a plate on the rack. this held the bags where I wanted them,
I would recommend some kind of saddle bag support, not sure if a tail bag would help the situation,

I'm here for my wife's V . She lets me Farkle her Ride. No Diamonds for her, but shiney stuff for the bike is Okay
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:44 AM

I second Andreas observation.

I ordered CL950 soft saddlebag luggage and when I tried to put them on, my initial reaction was: "there is no way this is going to work".

The look is outstanding however: These looks better than hard Givi luggage, IMHO. But if you are going to go through the trouble of installing a support plate and figure out a custom way to secure it, you might as well wait until you have the money to get the real thing.

Others may disagree with this but that's my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mac
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post

Sidecase-Kawa original
Tank beg-Rev Rider
Tail Bag- Rays.

You should be able to find a lot by just Googleing the items.

Nice V Fastoman! I have the Blue V, too. But I picked up the Givi V35's with the brushed silver. It looks sweet, I have often wondered what it would look like with the factory blue. Now I know. I wonder if you can add the blue trim panel later.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 AM

Here is a shot of mine, I picked up the luggage and windscreen from Cycle gear. I think that you can order it online at www.twistedthrottle.com
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac0299 View Post

I ordered CL950 soft saddlebag luggage and when I tried to put them on, my initial reaction was: "there is no way this is going to work".

The look is outstanding however: These looks better than hard Givi luggage, IMHO. But if you are going to go through the trouble of installing a support plate and figure out a custom way to secure it, you might as well wait until you have the money to get the real thing.

Others may disagree with this but that's my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mac

I have pictures somewhere of the wifes V with the luggage options we have. She is now doning hard cases from JcWhitney, they fit the Givi racks really nice, shaved a little plastic, but at $60.00 a case, so what.
I'll post pics in a few days if interested.

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 11:49 PM

Anybody tried one of the EMGO trunks?

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potus2012 View Post
The EMGO is smaller than the Bestem Box, no brake light built in but it is $8.00 cheaper. Look at the bestem, I'll have this one mounted on the V by next week I hope, I have three on my V-Strom.
http://www.bestemusa.com/product_inf...roducts_id=689

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 07:34 AM

Luggage options

Quote:
Originally Posted by potus2012 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac0299 View Post

The look is outstanding however: These looks better than hard Givi luggage, IMHO.
Cheers,
Mac
Here's the soft luggage I bought for the V last year, I removed the plate I had made, they worked really good.

Below, if you look close enough, I used a shoulder strap from my Tankbag. The strap is pulling both bags up by their handles. This helped support the bags, kept them from slowly sagging toward the under side of the seat, but it did ruin the Nelson Rigg bags, the Fieldsheer have held sofar.

Now these are the Hand-Me-Down hard cases, they have LED strips, hookinto the Givi racks really nice, best of all she can now get to the storage areas under the seat much easier. Had to get rid of the Iron cross that was on the case, thought a bmw logo would be fun. It sure messes with people.

post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 AM

Garage
Last week-end, I installed my givi side case and rack (V35)

Was a bit of a pain as far as the lenght of the blinker wire
To short (have the '09)

And those wire pass thrue a small and very inaccessible hole in the back of the underseat pan

Maybe I missed something doing the whole ordeal, but it took me a much longer while then I taught

The rack itself is a tight fit
I had to "torque" some part a bit to get them to align

And to add to my frustration, my helmet doesn't fit in the case (shoei RF1100 xl)

Bumer man ... (Big Lebowsky)

Maybe I realy miss a lot while doing it all
Or maybe it's the way it is and it's the same with other type of rack / case ...

My 2 cent

LOP
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
Last week-end, I installed my givi side case and rack (V35)

Was a bit of a pain as far as the lenght of the blinker wire
To short (have the '09)

And those wire pass thrue a small and very inaccessible hole in the back of the underseat pan

Maybe I missed something doing the whole ordeal, but it took me a much longer while then I taught

The rack itself is a tight fit
I had to "torque" some part a bit to get them to align

And to add to my frustration, my helmet doesn't fit in the case (shoei RF1100 xl)

Bumer man ... (Big Lebowsky)

Maybe I realy miss a lot while doing it all
Or maybe it's the way it is and it's the same with other type of rack / case ...

My 2 cent

LOP
Nope, you didn't miss anything. That short wire is a royal p-i-t-a. I ended up splicing a length of wire into mine to make it reach, and removed most of the rear plastics to make it easier to route the wire.

Dave

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Nope, you didn't miss anything. That short wire is a royal p-i-t-a. I ended up splicing a length of wire into mine to make it reach, and removed most of the rear plastics to make it easier to route the wire.

Dave
Yeah, the Givi Racks are a little challenging. But once they are on............
Just got the Top Rack setup in today, hope to mount it in a few days. but it looks like I probably didn't need to order the plate with the bars. I'm not using Givi luggage, a Bestem top box and this wont work with the givi. Oh well.
If someone is looking for the givi gear,go to http://www.patwalshdesigns.com/ and talk / email Gary. He's helped me alot.

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 07:59 PM

Garage
Maybe I'm jacking this thread a bit, and sorry if so, but can someone vouch for the weather tightness of the givi v35 case
Are they waterproof ???
Or should I pack my luggage in a plastic bag ...

Thank's

LOP
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
Maybe I'm jacking this thread a bit, and sorry if so, but can someone vouch for the weather tightness of the givi v35 case
Are they waterproof ???
Or should I pack my luggage in a plastic bag ...

Thank's

LOP
I have not heard anything bad about the GIVI luggage, except for the price. My cheapo luggage have stayed dry, so I would have to assume Givi would be as well.
Give Gary a PM at PWD, he sells Givi items and might be able to help you
http://www.patwalshdesigns.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode