Has anyone extended their kick stand? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone extended their kick stand?

I haven't seen many other Versys but mine seems to lean much too far when placed on the side stand. I placed a 2x4 (1.5" thick) under the foot pad while parked on my very level garage floor and it seems about right. The stand doesn't appear to be bent either. I am going to check for clearance while folded and make an extension and larger foot plate. Has anyone else experienced this and or affected a similar fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
No!, It was a good lean angle on original stand, but since I installed the lowering kit, removed about an 1" and still good lean angle.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 02:55 PM

Do you tend to step on the left footpeg to swing your foot over the saddle? The side stand is probably not be bent, but the bracket that it connects to on the frame would be if it leans too much. It should be possible to straighten it, but you have to keep what ever load that bent it originally from doing it again.

Gustavo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Gustavo,
I didn't check the mounting area. I will do that. I have mounted this bike a few times via stepping on the left peg but it was leaning the way it is now when I bought it used a few months ago. Now that I have a Cortech tail bag on it and use an even bigger Moto Fizz tail bag for touring, I grab my pant leg and stick my boot over the seat between the tank bag and tail bag, thus not making any marks on the seat with my boots. I will look at the stand mount area and see if it needs to be straightened and if not, I may extend the stand. It would be nice if it was strong enough to mount it using the peg as a step though. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode