You are not satisfied with your aftermarket windshield?? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
naz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Are you satisfied with your aftermarket windshield??

I was not...
the kappa windshield did the job but not so good

so i did this
[URL=http://img28.imageshack.us/i/p1010006td.jpg/][IMG]http:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Just use your original windshield reversed and some bigger nuts and you done.cost = zero thats the mods i like!!
much better results,the small gap above the front light is very small now and the air on my head feels much better.i am 1.90 m tall.

Last edited by naz; 05-21-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
naz

just returned from a big ride,the results are very encouraging but.there are some vibrations that will dismiss as soon as i use plastic inserts within the shields via bolt.
i am thinking that the small shield should be 1st and the large second,atm is vice versa.
with the small 1st it will have better aerodynamically behavior
[URL=http://img571.imageshack.us/i/p1010007cb.jpg/]
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
naz

finished view of the 2 screen mod.now with the plastic inserts and the improved mount everything seems pretty solid,no vibrations and better wind coverage.the look is not so bad afterall

edit: the oem screen is 1st and the kappa 2nd.that way it looks better and behaves better aerodynamicaly .

Last edited by naz; 05-21-2010 at 11:45 AM.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 07:30 PM

Garage
Stlee29 did the same thing. Awesome mod idea. My bike came with this shield and unfortunately it doesn't work with the Givi in this setup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
naz

I didnt know it was posted here by another member.Its a very good upgrade and if you use thick inserts it is pretty solid .the better wind protection is now verified and i suggest you to try it.dont worry for the original screen,just say you want to buy one and i am sure there are a lot of them in garages waiting in vein to be mounted again...
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 08:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz View Post
...Don't worry for the original screen,just say you want to buy one and i am sure there are a lot of them in garages waiting in vein to be mounted again...
For some reason that never crossed my mind. I could just post in the wanted section. I'll add that to my list of things to do. But first I'm saving up for the centerstand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
naz

there are guyz here with 2-3 windscreens,exausts,saddles.....etc. :P
just post in the wanted section and i am sure someone will offer one in very logical price
some feed back on the center stand plz
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 08:26 PM

Garage
Dallasdon is working on one. Here's the thread.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ht=centerstand

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 09:57 PM

Hi Naz,

Good to know it working for you, too. No problem. we'll all here to share.

Another mod for those with the MRA screen with the moveable lip is to try if you could fit the OEM screen to it. I think maybe something good might come out of it.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:14 PM

i saw a guy with a similar setup on his 1250 bandit the other day. he had his original suzuki stock windscreen mounted where the vario lip had been on a larger aftermarket screen. looked pretty good.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlee29 View Post
Hi Naz,

Another mod for those with the MRA screen with the moveable lip is to try if you could fit the OEM screen to it. I think maybe something good might come out of it.

Me thinking that way bro but too busy now.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
naz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlee29 View Post
Hi Naz,

different continents mate but thoughts goes in parallel
we are here to share and learn from other willing to share
whatever i can contribute via my keyboard and camera for the joy of having a bike and riding it safe
do you have vibrations with the screens? i used some thick plastic inserts i can take close up photos.vibrations dissapeared now.and the air flow is for sure better i can feel it.the only problem is that people on the road ask you all the time about it
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 01:34 PM

Interesting idea. I am satisfied with my GIVI however, but that is very creative and glad it is working for you.

My Album:
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 04:11 AM

G'Day Naz,

Using rubber inserts. Actually they are rubber bushes used for chair and tables. They flex a bit but it is a good thing for it to not be too rigid.

In between the OEM and Givi screens, have plastic inserts. Sprayed it black to get the look.

At work and It's great to be on the forum with You Guys and Gals.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo View Post
i saw a guy with a similar setup on his 1250 bandit the other day. he had his original suzuki stock windscreen mounted where the vario lip had been on a larger aftermarket screen. looked pretty good.
I got the Vario screen soon after I got the bike. It wasn't worth the money in my experience. I've since taken off the movable lip and replaced it with the original screen. It's better, but not 100% for me yet.

I think the movable part needs to be a little wider than the stock screen, perhaps also a bit higher - or maybe a little more square instead of the tapered design.

You can help make Clem a household name

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode