Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I have been looking out for them - think thay are about AU$70
How much did you pay for them ?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation

Mine had the knee pads new (for me), but both are $50 USD each (Ouch!) At least they are Kawasaki original parts for Versys though. It does take all the labor out for me deciding which ones to get (I'd still be looking with all the options available) and they fit the tank spaces nicely and completely.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
FWIW - I doubt that your knees will ever touch there. My knees 'shine' that black plastic 'filler' below the side fairings (that attach w/ a philips screw near the front of the seat).

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
FWIW - I doubt that your knees will ever touch there. My knees 'shine' that black plastic 'filler' below the side fairings (that attach w/ a philips screw near the front of the seat).
No, when I'm on the lower part of the seat w/a 32" inseam (lane splitting in heavy traffic), my knees are approximately near the tank knee pads. I don't hug them with my knees, because I move back over the hump when I can to stretch my legs. But when I'm lane splitting, I'm 'racing' tense in the lower saddle, ready for anything (hopefully) when I am in-between cars

O/w, I'd hug them with my legs if it was ergonomically comfortable. The pads are mainly tank and 'nad protectors. Maybe I'll reconsider some of those lowered foot pegs now. I'm just to the point of finally fine-tuning the details now. Then your assumption of my knee location may be correct.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 12:16 AM

Garage
$38.50 AUD I have this one it's clear

$50 AUD for the knee pads

$55 AUD

Last edited by MaverickAus; 06-05-2015 at 12:20 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
$38.50 AUD I have this one it's clear

$50 AUD for the knee pads

$55 AUD

Don't you have a professional green paint job? Show it on your bike. I bet the clear looks cool, although I don't know why they discount it 25%. It may be hard to apply properly.

The Kawasaki Tank pad adhesive is Huge, and difficult looking to apply with all the jagged sticker edges and tank shape too. Motor Helmets did a good job (for free :-) , but there are a couple of minor air bubbles (< 1/8" diameter) you can only see in a reflection, that I don't know how to get out. $hit bugs instincts go wild along with yellow jackets around my pearl metallic gold tank, and there may be a couple of them underneath, although I could not feel anything. Hopefully as the Summer goes on this side of the world, I'll eventually press them out, since the bubbles are already difficult to see now.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 12:46 AM

Garage

Mines the top one $38.50 it went on easy as
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
I never touched my tank, but I bought a little protector to put there anyway. Had some store credits burning a hole in my pocket.

I like the way you cocked your handlebars forward. One of these days, I'll get around to doing that myself. Then my little protector will probably see some action.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post

Mines the top one $38.50 it went on easy as
Excellent score!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Excellent score!
The clear pad does look nice. I don't know about the bug, or if you are hiding something, but the tank pad looks nice.

But not only was I matching the knee pads color that were already there, mine were also centered and aligned next to both knee pads. Your's looks like it is sitting up high above belt buckle scratch area (which may be good for short mechanics working on your bike!), and it won't exactly align with the Kawasaki oem knee pads when and if you decide to do that (pad patterns, spacing of pads, endpoints, etc...)

However, again the clear will not show the tank and knee pads alignment up as much as the black pads, so it may not matter much anyway. The corner of the top side wings edge should be on the tank edge. Yours looks like it is over to the right from center. Unless you installed the knee pads up centered first, it would be difficult to know how to align it or center it. But the chances it would coincide with your bug on the tank is near zero: and it looks like you installed yours centered around the bug which is centered and aligned only to an artistic eyeball. The perfect gold-black Yellow Jacket contrast is my life-size artistic bug on my work-of-art oem bike: buzzz buzzz.

Overall though, like Saddlebag said, "Excellent Score!" on your clear tank protector.

Last edited by kawdog; 06-09-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode