Horns - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Horns

Has anyone added a louder horn to their V. I have seen a few between 130db and 139db. The V horn is like most Japenese horns...beep beep. I would really like to be able to make people drop their cell phones, instead of not looking and pulling out in traffic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 10:07 AM

check out this thread

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/sho...light=air+horn

i am also thinking about getting this air horn
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 10:36 AM

thoughts on my new V.....vs. the bmw 1150rt

thought i would make some personal comparisons of my V over the bmw r1150rt i just sold to buy the V! Man i love this bike.....only exception being the seat. which i will be redoing myself...Then V supsension is far superior. i could have improved the RT but at a huge cost, no thanks.... engine and power... well the V is smoother, less vibration... let me point out my RT was a single plug model, the twin spark may be better...i think for the power to weight ratio it will smoke the RT, gearing is good...RT 6th gear is way too high. used it only over 70 mph, it would lug the engine otherwise. better arm positioning..i'm 6 ft 2'' 190lbs.... leg positioning is good also.... cons....i miss the electric adjustable windhsield and the shaft drive of the RT.... my biggest gripe of the RT is where they place the battery, almost impossible to get to without removing most of the body fairings....i had to jump start the bike for a whole day of riding last summer on a weekend ride!... maintenance cost and servicing...it's nice to know i can find a kawi dealer almost anywhere......... i'm making mods to the bike now and will post them when i'm done.....ride on!!!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 12:12 PM

Loud Horn

I put the WOLO Bad Boy (very similar to the Stebel air horn) behind the left gas tank fairing last weekend. I had it on a previous bike and could not live without it on the Versys. There are lots of pictures on the UK Versys site, and lots of info (KLR only) on KLRWorld.
It is a pretty tight fit but it does not touch anything. It is a blast to have that horn when someone starts drifting into your lane. And then when the dummies are talking on their cell phone when the light turns green and they aren't paying attention, you can get them to hit their head on the roof.
I don't abuse it, but, there are times when you need to get someones attention.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 06:41 PM

horn

I put a Fiamm horn on mine.......sounds like a car horn.......takes 5 minutes or so to install....cost about $20 and available at most car part stores.....I am very happy with it.......
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 09:34 AM

Hey crazydave, I think I have seen the horns you are talking about. Don't they come in a high tone and a low tone? If so, which did you use? I am looking for something for my wifes Vulcan and the WOLO/Stebel won't work.
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave58 View Post
I put a Fiamm horn on mine.......sounds like a car horn.......takes 5 minutes or so to install....cost about $20 and available at most car part stores.....I am very happy with it.......
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 10:35 AM

horn

hey cobob..yeah.....they come in high or low tone.......I got the high tone....u can go to their website and hear a sample of their horns......http://www.fiammamerica.com/Product....ID=154....huge improvement over the stock.....easy to install ...plugs right in to the existing connections and mounts in the same place...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 10:51 AM

Thanks Bud, I will get one of those.
Bob
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave58 View Post
hey cobob..yeah.....they come in high or low tone.......I got the high tone....u can go to their website and hear a sample of their horns......http://www.fiammamerica.com/Product....ID=154....huge improvement over the stock.....easy to install ...plugs right in to the existing connections and mounts in the same place...
I put the same horn on my Vulcan 1500 Classic. Sounds like a car horn. They recommend that if you are only replacing one of your 2 horns, go with the low tone. The beauty of this horn is that all you have to do is replace your stock horn with it and connect the stock wires (I didn't put in a relay, and so far so good). Click here:
http://www.aerostich.com/product.php...cat=569&page=1
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! I ordered one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode