New handguards & windscreen :D - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New handguards & windscreen :D

The Revzilla came through today. I had the package delivered to my post office's address so I could put these on before I left work for the day.

It was a beautiful 70 degree day in NY, and the mail was light so I was done by 2, and farkling the V by the back dock..

Zero Gravity S/T windscreen and Barkbusters VPS handguards. Install was pretty seamless, thanks to that sweet breaker bar in the tool kit. The aluminum taps the windscreen, but I think I can still go full lock. (If not, I can still do a 14' U turn in my driveway)

I took a nice long ride and snapped a few or many photos. (The bike is posed on a road I deliver mail on. Pretty dusty in that truck come spring....)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sonofnothing; 04-30-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 10:49 AM

looking nice

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 11:53 AM

Awe Yea, nice. Got the shorty levers too.. I'm thinking about getting those, the PO who installed my handguards just chopped the levers. haha

2008 Versys 650

Been riding 8 or 9 years, and have owned 8 or 9 bikes; its an addiction I can't quit...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantAntCowboy View Post
Awe Yea, nice. Got the shorty levers too.. I'm thinking about getting those, the PO who installed my handguards just chopped the levers. haha
lol that works, just sand the edges down or something.. I got those for $25 shipped here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofnothing View Post
lol that works, just sand the edges down or something.. I got those for $25 shipped here
After I inadvertently created my short clutch lever, I just made a little ball of Sugru and stuck it on the end- it looked almost stock. Sugru is great stuff for bikes! (Not affiliated, etc. etc.)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

ahaha yes I remember chuckling at that post. That's one way to do it!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasechange View Post
After I inadvertently created my short clutch lever, I just made a little ball of Sugru and stuck it on the end- it looked almost stock. Sugru is great stuff for bikes! (Not affiliated, etc. etc.)
Haha, Funnny! Looks cool, I literally just ordered some. We'll have to start a Versys Sugru Hacks.

2008 Versys 650

Been riding 8 or 9 years, and have owned 8 or 9 bikes; its an addiction I can't quit...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 02:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofnothing View Post
The Revzilla came through today. I had the package delivered to my post office's address so I could put these on before I left work for the day.

It was a beautiful 70 degree day in NY, and the mail was light so I was done by 2, and farkling the V by the back dock..

Zero Gravity S/T windscreen and Barkbusters VPS handguards. Install was pretty seamless, thanks to that sweet breaker bar in the tool kit. The aluminum taps the windscreen, but I think I can still go full lock. (If not, I can still do a 14' U turn in my driveway)

I took a nice long ride and snapped a few or many photos. (The bike is posed on a road I deliver mail on. Pretty dusty in that truck come spring....)

I am running a very similar set up. I believe that you can raise the wind screen to a steeper angle though it will require the relocation of the M5 wellnut or the purchase of some new ones. I can get full lock on my set up with the screen mounted more steeply. I have had no problem with buffeting with that setting at 85mph or so.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

I had no problems with hitting the windshield today (180 mile ride) :thumbsup:

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sweet! you will like those a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode