Wanted: 650 rear splash guard - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wanted: 650 rear splash guard

I require assistance! I've search high and low on the internet, but I can't find anywhere that sells a rear splash guard for my '07 650 and ships it to Denmark.

My bike has an aftermarket licence plate holder similar to this:

It looks way better than stock, but my girlfriend riding pillion gets soaked if there's water on the road. A top box takes some of the splash, but not nearly enough, and we rarely use it anyways. This results in a less than pleased girlfriend (and, subsequently, a less than pleased me).

I found a company i Malaysia making exactly what I need (here: http://simtradingkarenteo.com/show-i...p?item_id=4709), but they won't ship to Denmark

So: Does anyone know where I can find a similar product? I would like to minimize the amount of customization needed, but if I can use a splash guard from another bike by drilling a new hole or adding a bracket or something, that's perfectly fine too. Alternative solutions for keeping my girlfriend dry and happy are also welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 04:40 PM

Do you have the factory rear inner fender? If so you could put that back on os see about buying one from the dealer?

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 07:11 PM

You could do what koen did and retrofit a Ducati splash guard. Some BMWs use a similar one also.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ht=multistrada

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 08:33 PM

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, guys. If at all possible, I would like to avoid fitting the stock rear fender. I think it's pretty ugly and doesn't fit my bike very well.

I found a company in Thailand that makes a splash guard for a '10 Versys. I'm in the process of figuring out if I can buy one, and I reckon it should fit with little to no modification.
Do any of you indicentally know if Kawasaki made changes to the swing arm from the '07 to the '10 model? They look very similar on pictures.

http://www.apshop-racing.com/product_desc.php?pid=480
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

I ordered the splash guard from Thailand and hope it will fit. The fender was 1950 baht and shipping 1820 baht. Total price around 122 USD.

It ships tomorrow, so now we play the waiting game
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theceh View Post
Thanks for the replies, guys. If at all possible, I would like to avoid fitting the stock rear fender. I think it's pretty ugly and doesn't fit my bike very well.

I found a company in Thailand that makes a splash guard for a '10 Versys. I'm in the process of figuring out if I can buy one, and I reckon it should fit with little to no modification.
Do any of you indicentally know if Kawasaki made changes to the swing arm from the '07 to the '10 model? They look very similar on pictures.

http://www.apshop-racing.com/product_desc.php?pid=480
No changes. The swingarms are the same for both 1st and 2nd gens.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Sounds good! Package arrived today (with no assembly instructions and a bunch of loose bolts thrown in), so I'm pretty excited to put it all together. Sadly, I probably won't have time until next weekend. I'll post updates as I get stuff done.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Success! I had to bend some metal a bit and buy some washers and a longer bolt for everything to fit together, but success!

Build quality is pretty poor, but it's held together so far. However, it was only 65 USD (plus another 65 P&P/tax).

I've only briefly tested it in a drizzle but it seems to work just fine. I'm sure it will be tested properly when we get to Scotland next week :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0124.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	66577   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0126.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	66585   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0125.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	66593  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Post-Scotland update: It works!

Also, if you haven't been to Scotland yet, I very highly recommend it. Fantastic nature and roads.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 03:00 AM

I had one on my BMW F650 ST. One day, you'll see an arm there without a possum scraper on the end. It will take a couple of moments to realize it fell off. You've got a rear fender, so a shock sock for $21 to usa anyway is all I think is effective. A full rear plastic fender would be nice, but it would be a lot of engineering. Gravity and possum scrapers don't mix, unless you want to get one every now and then when they fall off and break in different places. But they do look cool! Nice job for all of your work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode