Koso ZX1000 mirror knock offs - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Koso ZX1000 mirror knock offs

Since my stock mirrors were constantly "self adjusting" and couldn't be tightened (or so I thought), I ordered these mirrors not expecting too much since they were less than $30 on E-bay (3 weeks from Hong Kong). They look good in the picture and pretty good on my coffee table too. First I noticed that they were much too small to give a good view and they were. Then once mounted and on the road, they provided a small "Jello" view to the rear. It was a good lesson in "you get what you pay for" but not a very expensive one. To be fair though, I ordered a set of mirror wideners from Hong Kong on E-bay for less than $30 and they are excellent. That being said, I revisited my stock mirrors and fixed them via a disassembly/tightening/reassembly method I later saw in this forum and they are good now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Koso Mirror.jpg (43.8 KB, 282 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 PM

That's too bad. But thanks for letting us learn from your experience. Very helpful.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

I had been seeing quite a few products from the Orient on E-bay and was really curious. So far I'm 50/50 with my results but as I said earlier, the mirror wideners are excellent and well priced.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 PM

I got the Koso mirrors and the arms that the ad said were alumminum were plastic. They were useless. Had to fight with the seller and e-bay to get my money back.

81 Honda CB750F with Jupiter sidecar, 82 Honda CB750F, 86 Yamaha Radian, 87 BMW K100RS, 2002 Honda XR 200R, 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250, 2009 Green Versys, 2010 Kawasaki Vukcan 900 Custom
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 07:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleeoop View Post
That being said, I revisited my stock mirrors and fixed them via a disassembly/tightening/reassembly method I later saw in this forum and they are good now.
I'm looking for that method

Can you point me to the right thread pleeeeze ?

Thank's

LOP
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 07:50 PM

Emgo mirrors work well too.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 09:30 PM

I took the mirrors off of my Honda CRF230L and put them on the Versys. Huge improvement over the Kawasaki mirrors. There is a very small vibration now, but nothing like the original mirrors...or my KLR 650 mirrors either. The Honda mirrors come with a rubber vibration dampener (sometimes called isolators), which I think are part of the reason for the lower vibrations. The total cost for the left and right mirrors was $108 CAD (including taxes and shipping).

I will try the original Versys mirror mounted on the vibration dampener and see how that goes.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 05:54 AM

Z1000 Mirrors

I just put 2010 Z1000 mirrors on and they are a huge improvement. They still vibrate some but they are much more usuable. What I noticed is that the mirrors seem to weigh a good bit less and the V mirrors and they don't have that silly adjustment bolt inside. They just have a solid shaft that connects to a mounting stud and they use a lock nut on the shaft. So it seems to me that the V mirrors are too heavy and were over engineered! I think the 2010 V and Z1000 use the same mirrors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000459.jpg (123.6 KB, 257 views)
File Type: jpg P1000460.jpg (141.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg P1000461.jpg (125.7 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg P1000462.jpg (117.2 KB, 50 views)

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode