ACERBIS Dual Road Handguards - Prices - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ACERBIS Dual Road Handguards - Prices

Anyone know where the cheapest place to get some ACERBIS Dual Road Handguards might be? I'm in Canada so I am guessing if it's from the states I'll get butchered on shipping. I looked on ebay but the prices didn't vary too much, not sure if anyone has an "in" with any of the bike shops. If not, is there possibly enough interest for a group buy? Not sure if I want the LEDs or not; I wouldn't have any problem wiring them and I would just add a transparent strip of amber plastic over them to change them from white (to amber, of course)..... not sure if they're worth the money though.

Last edited by Banack; 04-25-2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: lack of proofreading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 AM

125 bucks to me is pretty darned pricey but they are IMHO the sharpest guards out there....Hmmm....OH honey, my birthdays coming, LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 11:47 AM

I'm looking for a pair as well...if you can find a group discount rate count me in! BTW, I'm a canuck too!

Take the long way home

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 03:55 PM

This is where I got mine (http://www.motostrano.com/acduroha.html). They are super easy to install, as they bolt right in using the existing bar-end weight mounting hardware.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 05:59 PM

Did you consider the Emgo ones http://www.motostrano.com/supermoto1.html? They're less then half the price. Wonder how they work and look?

Take the long way home
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 06:58 PM

I have the Dual Road hangaurds on mine also. Got them @ Motostrano. They look good but they are kinda small. I was thinking of selling mine......

2009 Versys Green
2007 Triumph Sprint St
2003 Kawasaki ZX9R
2000 Honda VFR
1997 Kawasaki ZX9R
1986 Honda VF500 Interceptor
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

I started a new thread (ACERBIS dual road handguards) about a guy who is selling them from Thailand. Ordered them last night. Cost 100$ CDN (including shipping) with LEDs too. Will let you know in 10-28 days how it pans out.

Last edited by Banack; 04-28-2010 at 01:05 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 03:26 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I like the look and the ease of installiation.don't care for the lights ordered the set without the lights from the web-site Sharrison56 linked. Not patient enough to wait over 10 days

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Haha neither am I! It'll be tough.... but hopefully I'll make it through
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 03:46 PM

You made the right choice on the LEDs for these handguards...they are useless. They aren't all that bright and white doesn't cut it for turn signals. I bought some amber LEDs to try and mount in them, but I have had time to try them yet.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 08:14 PM

i would ratjher use them as driving lights, aka audi style, guy on uk forum has modded his own and they look fantastic!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Was ok with the price .But they nail you on the shipping over $15.00 ups ground

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Might not be that bright during the day, but they are able to be seen at night, no problem. They don't have to be white either.... I will add some transparent amber coverings to fit in the gap where the LEDs shine....pretty simple. I am not expecting them to make me much more visible during the day, but every little bit helps at night. I will post pics when I get them and have the transparent pieces on (should be ~ 1 month).

Cheers,

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode