Z1000 Mirrors - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Z1000 Mirrors

I ordered some Z1000 mirrors and they arrived 2 days later (how's that for fast ). I slapped them on today (21 mm wrench) and they are amazing. Not knocking the other mirrors people have on their bikes, as I haven't tried them out or seen too many other types, but the Z1000s are exactly what I was looking for.

It's night and day when comparing them to the stock mirrors. I did not add any silicone or anything to them and they hardly vibrate, but what I was most surprised about was how much more you can see , especially in the lanes on your immediate left/right. It's insane that Kawasaki even considered putting the stock mirrors on the Versys when the Z1000s were available.

There's my 2 cents. Ordering ACERBIS dual roads with LEDs.... they are from Thailand so I have to do my DD to make sure I don't get ripped off . I'm guessing I can probably fine some transparent amber plastic and cut it to fit over the LEDs as a whole strip... using some sort of adhesive to hold it in place.... not for a while if I end up ordering them from overseas.

Happy Riding,

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
There is a huge differance with the z mirrors over stock and they look so much better

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 08:54 PM

Which year Z1000?

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 09:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc11 View Post
Which year Z1000?
I used 2008 Z1000 mirrors

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 09:20 PM

Garage
Same here 2008 Heres a couple of photos where you can get a look at the mirrors i was shooting the seat.I've got the motowerks extenders but there not needed with the z mirrors

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 07-30-2010 at 07:24 AM.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Part No. 56001-0118 (RH); 56001-0117 (LH)
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 10:00 PM

Good choice.

Happy Riding, Shawn.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 PM

Has anyone compared the Z1000 mirrors with the Emgo? I just replaced my stock mirrors with Emgo, which made a nice improvement over stock. I wonder if I should have gotten the Z1000 instead.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banack View Post
Part No. 56001-0118 (RH); 56001-0117 (LH)
This is great but WHERE'S THE PICS?

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 10:52 AM

I love mine. They vibrate less than the stockers (but still vibrate). They do provide a much better view.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 11:23 AM

Love the Z mirrors and Motowerk extenders...Lets me see clearly around my, ahem, broad figure

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Haha... nothing wrong with have a strong, ahem, broad figure. Good choice of words. Thanks for posting the pics for antman... I didn't have the energy this morning to go snap any (sorry for my laziness).

Contractor, saw the picture of your bike and I was just looking at the thread about the KLE/BMW stickers you have/had. You wouldn't happen to have another set kickin' around the garage? I can't imagine some of the hilarity that would ensue from the confusion they would cause. I was picking up a wrench at a parts shop yesterday and my bike is de-badged.... I see a guy walk up to it outside while I'm in the shop picking up the wrench, locktight, double-sided foam tape, etc.... and he just stares at it for about 2 minutes, hunching over looking at the engine, tires, etc. He walks in the store and after I finish paying asks me if I custom built the bike..... I didn't have the heart to lie to the poor guy, but I could only imagine what the KLE sticker would've done....
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 10:10 PM

Garage
Today, after 4 months and about 6000 miles, my Z1000 left mirror started flopping around like the stock. Hopefully nobody else has this issue, but I wanted to point this out to people considering this purchase. Going to try tightening the screws this weekend and see if it helps.

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respen View Post
Today, after 4 months and about 6000 miles, my Z1000 left mirror started flopping around like the stock. Hopefully nobody else has this issue, but I wanted to point this out to people considering this purchase. Going to try tightening the screws this weekend and see if it helps.
Please keep posted as i am headed Z1000 pretty soon.

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 10:58 AM

Loc-tite blue guys, loc-tite blue. A couple of drops on the stock or any other mirror base threads and they will not come loose again until YOU want them too.

This is SUCH a simple solution I am amazed there are still threads about mirrors coming loose. I mean, and not to sound like a jerk or anything, but this situation is exactly why loc-tite was invented and it cost less than $2 for enough to fix more mirrors than you own.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 11:52 AM

I just sprung for my 3rd set of mirrors. Emgo's off e-bay for $17.99 w/ free shipping.El cheapo route,what the hell.Aint breaking the bank if they don't cut it.

The Koso's that I currently have from Thailand look oh so trick w/ a great view,sitting in the driveway. Then you fire up the bike.Oh well,they look trick.

My blind spot mirror,though isn't effected by the gyrations.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 12:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc11 View Post
Loc-tite blue guys, loc-tite blue. A couple of drops on the stock or any other mirror base threads and they will not come loose again until YOU want them too.

This is SUCH a simple solution I am amazed there are still threads about mirrors coming loose. I mean, and not to sound like a jerk or anything, but this situation is exactly why loc-tite was invented and it cost less than $2 for enough to fix more mirrors than you own.
I used loc-tite blue when I installed the mirrors. What about using the red?

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 02:12 PM

You used blue loc-tite and tighten the stem nut and it still came loose? That hasn't happened to me in 2 years and 21k miles. Strange. I wouldn't go red, you may not get it off if you need to.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

+1 to Respen and Marc on the blue loc-tite suggestion

"I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 11:28 PM

Red is pretty easy to defeat if needed PROVIDED you can heat the joint a bit. Doesn't take a lot of heat. I use it for handgun sights and can defeat the Red Locktite fairly easily with a cigar lighter or small torch. I'd have to go look it up but I think it breaks down at around 300 F.

I'd have no problem using red on Speedy's extenders on the mirror side of things but would stick with blue on the handlebar side as getting that heated might be a bit of a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode