Horn upgrade - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Horn upgrade

Not sure if this is a cosmetic or performance upgrade really

Anyway, not sure if I am the first but my horn is bloody terrible, and changes pitch when Im using it , like its on its way out! Any upgrades available, especially my favourite, an air horn - something that says
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Here's Mine, Like the way it looks mounted here.

http://www.bikerhiway.com/motorcycle...4_287_247.html

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...611472&thumb=1

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...611325&thumb=1

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...611325&thumb=1

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 03:04 PM

Just keep iin mind that the horn above will require it's own relay and connection to work. The stock horn wires will not handle the load that that horn requires. Also, there are some folks ( do a search ) that put the horn under the front plastics on the left side of the tank. I haven't done this......yet.....

Toys : 2009 Versys ( Blue ), 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Needs : 2016 Mazda CX-5 ( RIP Mazda5 ), 2007 Honda Civic

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 05:11 PM

And some folks place it right where the stock horn was.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...&pictureid=832

There are several places to mount a horn on a Versys..

Kansas - Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...

2008 Versys, SOLD!

2002 BMW R1150RT Lovin it!!!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 07:34 PM

I did the "under the left cowling approach" like fasteddiecopeman. I'm telling you, nothing, and I mean NOTHING....says like a Stebel horn. One the best safety related investments for ANY bike!
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ht=stebel+horn

BTW...i bought the "plug-n play" wiring harness. Makes it very easy to install. Here is a link to both the horn and wiring harness. http://www.bikerhiway.com/motorcycle...4_287_247.html

Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.

Last edited by StonedGP; 04-16-2010 at 07:39 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:09 PM

My Stebel arrives tomorrow via Fedex. I have had them on the last three scoots and I like the way they work.

Ride em if ya got em!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

God Im getting the horn just thinking about it! Thanks for the input guys, think it will def have to be a definate buy item
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Had a customer at the photography studio i manage come in on a yamaha road star. He noticed my Stebel and started asking questions so we went out to my bike and blasted the horn a couple of time. he was quite suprised at how loud the horn was. He cranked up his road star and hit the horn i couldn't believe yamaha would put such a weak horn on a bike i've heard louder noises stepping on a whoopie cushion. he put loud pipes on the bike so instead of hitting the horn when needed his just rev's the engine.Took him to my computer to show him where to get the set-up. Nice guy Nice bike crappy horn

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonedGP View Post
I did the "under the left cowling approach" like fasteddiecopeman. I'm telling you, nothing, and I mean NOTHING....says like a Stebel horn.
ain't that the truth
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 07:00 PM

Fastoman's Volkswagen beetle horn sure gives a distinctive sound.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonedGP View Post
I did the "under the left cowling approach" like fasteddiecopeman. I'm telling you, nothing, and I mean NOTHING....says like a Stebel horn. One the best safety related investments for ANY bike!
[/url]
I appreciate the good words about MY install, but I have to mention that I did mine after reading someone ELSE'S install, on HERE!

So far... TWO Stebel or HF Wolo installs, the "V" and my KLR (behind the coolant overflow, right side, out-of-sight under the tank!)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 11:46 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to rponiarski
I installed a Fiamm Freeway Blaster horn instead of the stock unit. Mounted in the same place and used the same connections. At least twice as loud as the stock one and it does get heard when needed. Add to that a reasonable price and easy installation and it is a great upgrade...

Richard M. Poniarski
'09 Kawasaki Versys
AMA#: 674623
ROK #: 100024905
Everybody is entitled to the reality of their own choosing...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode