Lamin-x Headlight Protector, Judging Interest - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lamin-x Headlight Protector, Judging Interest

I was thinking that a headlight protector would be nice, as its sticking out there waiting for a rock to be kicked up from a car. I saw the plastic covers that others have, but I was hoping for a more transparent (not more clear, just not noticeable) alternative.

I have clear rock blockers on my Subaru and like them very much. They are actually covering a crack from a rock from when the car was new and the headlights were expensive to replace. Ten years later they still look great. The material for those is thick (probably about 1/8").

I have been in contact with Lamin-x. They don't currently make one custom for the Versys, but said if I can work with them to get a template, and there is enough interest they would do it.

The standard material they use for headlights is 17 mil (0.017" thick), but they go up to 40 mil, and that may be available upon request.

They come in clear, yellow, blue, tint, or gunsmoke.
Link to Ninja 250 Cover to show colors.

I think I will work on a pattern with them, and see where it goes. If anyone has a broken headlight (sides or mounting, not the lens) that would be willing to donate to the cause it would be very helpful, if not it will be a lot of back and forth with the company.

Judging by the price of their other covers it will probably be about $20-25. Anyone interested, if I can make this work? Might even be able to work out a group buy or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 12:39 PM

I don't have a used light to donate but I would buy the protective cover if it doesn't diminish light output noticeably, if it becomes available.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

The clear one shouldn't diminish it at all.

To clarify I'm not just asking if anyone is interested in donating a light, just to see if there is enough interest that they would consider making this for us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode