Move seat lock due to side bags - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Move seat lock due to side bags

Last edited by LouieB58; 06-30-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 04:16 PM

How would you move it? I just unlock the side bag and move it out about an inch to get to the seat lock.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 08:06 PM

No my seat lock is accessible with the bags on. What kind of mounts do you have?

ST1300, Versys, SV650S

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 02:08 PM

I got a helmet lock for the licence plate (can't remember where I bought it) and removed one of the lock that It then installed on the flasher relocator bracket that came with the Givi rack

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 11:55 PM

That lock is similar to the one that comes with the Kuryakan product that is a helmet lock that is attached to the license plate mount along with a nicely finished solid license plate backing plate. I have it attached to the stock plate location and it clears the Givi (Kawasaki) mounting bracketry very nicely.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 11:19 AM

Helmet lock

I went to the Dallor store and got a 10 inch cable lock for a buck. I loop the cable through the helmet and lock/loop it anywhere on the bike I want to.... BUT most of the time I carry my helmet whereever I go..... some people will steel anything they can !

Cb
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieB58 View Post
@sharrison56
You can move it with a longer cable as long as there is a suitable place to mount the lock assembly. I asked in case someone else has done it to get an idea of any problems.

-Lou
I am not sure what you mean. I thought you were talking about moving the seat lock. How does a longer cable do that? I use my E52 topcase to store my helmet. There is all kinds of bad stuff people could do to a helmet hanging on the side of a bike. Guess I am just suspicious!

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 10:37 AM

I was thinking as what sharrison56 taught. I was going to write to get a shorter key to open the seat lock.
For helmet stowage, I carry a helmet bag and haul me helmet around. Lost my brand new Arai Quantum helmet once from my E52 topcase. Never again.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 01:55 PM

I took my extra key and cut and removed the black plastic cover and now it will clear to unlock my seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode