Mirrors & Luggage - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Mirrors & Luggage

I just picked up my new 09 Versys yesterday and only the snow hitting the ground today is preventing me from eating up the miles.

I've quickly discovered two issues with my new Versys: short mirrors and no storage.

Does anyone have a source for mirrors with longer stems? I'm a big boy and all I see in my Versys mirrors are my shoulders.

Also, what does everyone use for storage for around town travel? Tank Bags, tail bags, etc.?

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 03:57 PM

Congrats on the new bike! I just put on a pair of givi E41's on my 08 last weekend. Yes they will hold a large helmet , and yes they do stick out a bit farther than i'd like, but oh well. I used the sw-motech mounting bracket kit which fits the bike nicely and is easy to get on and off. The one gripe is they barely give you enough wire to rewire the turn signals which you have ( are encouraged) to mount farther back. You mentioned mirror troubles. I would suggest looking at a mirror extension instead of a larger stem. a extension moves the mirror farther out, which should allow you to have a shoulder free view. I paid about 735.00 for the givi's and mounting brackets. Happy riding.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
The mirror issue can be solved with mirror extenders and if you need a little more leg room you can get lowering blocks for the pegs. I tried the side bags but took them off to me they ruin the looks of the bike.Went with a GIVI V-46 Top Case & Rack and now have a Cortec Tail Bag for when needed

http://motowerk.com/Versys.aspx

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 07-30-2010 at 06:24 AM.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 05:19 PM

I number of people have bought these inexpensive mirrors (from Dennis Kirk, I think) and mirror extenders elsewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mirror.jpg (50.2 KB, 157 views)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for their help. You've given me the resources I need to solve my problems.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 09:14 PM

If you want a mint set of Z1000 mirrors mounted on Speedy's (MotoWorks) mirror extenders let me know. I'm no longer using them, as these work great for me..

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 06:59 AM

Where did you get those mirrors?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 07:04 AM

FleaBay. They're basically CRG hindsight knockoffs. Work great!

Edit: Here's a really nice set currently on eBay (nicer than mine.) Bar End Mirrors

Last edited by MackDaddy; 04-01-2010 at 08:08 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 09:14 AM

+1 on the CRG / CRG knock-offs. I used to do a lot of bicycle riding so I am used to that kind of mirror. No shaking and can see everything behind me. For bags, I actually went with a pair of Givi E45's ( huge ) as sidebags and they can hold all my gear ( helmet, jacket, pants ) and have room for my work-related gear ( laptop, etc ).

Toys : 2009 Versys ( Blue ), 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Needs : 2016 Mazda CX-5 ( RIP Mazda5 ), 2007 Honda Civic
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Mack Daddy, Seems I'm always a day off. Just ordered Z-1000 mirrors yesterday to replace the ones that were stolen off my bike last week. Well like they say timing is everything. Good thing is someone spotted the clown that took them and he's around the area i work so just a matter of time to catch the little s**t. at least he left the extenders

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 10:52 AM

Sorry brother, I just don't use them anymore and wish I'd have caught you in time. Hopefully the PoPo will nail the bastards that took yours. Shame on the AssHats!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackDaddy View Post
FleaBay. They're basically CRG hindsight knockoffs. Work great!
Thanks for pointing me to these. Just ordered a pair. Can't wait to try them out.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 11:02 PM

MackDaddy~
How much for the mirror/extenders??
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
jwahl54.

You should have got all your problems answered by now and that's the beauty of this site.

Enjoy your ride and be safe.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode