Installation instructions for OEM Pannier Racks - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Installation instructions for OEM Pannier Racks

Hi folks. I was able to pick up a set of the OEM side racks and V35 panniers used, but the previous owner didn't have the installation instructions (they were installed by the dealer originally).

The racks appear to be different than the PLX447 racks available from the Givi site (they replace the steel passenger handles instead of having an attachment under the seat). Does anyone have a copy of the instructions, and be willing to scan and post them? If not, I'll figure it out as best I can.

Thanks,
Dave C

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well, I've given it the ol' college try, but I've discovered that I can't make the OEM racks work with the Kappa KZ447 top rack I have. Try as I might, it just won't go together on the left hand side, and even if it did, I can't tighten up all of the bolts on the KZ447 when they are both mounted.

I've given up...my blood pressure can't take it. I know others on the UK board have indicated they've gotten them to work, but mine just won't go together.

I'm going to order a set of Kappa KLX447/Givi PLX447 racks and be done with it. According to Kappa, they are compatible.

Word to the wise...if you have a Givi/Kappa top rack, don't get the OEM pannier rack. You may regret it.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode