Aftermarket Front Turn Signal Adapters - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
sold

Last edited by fatchance; 05-09-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 12:02 AM

It will be hard to get 1/2 the quality of oem Jap quality in led for any price. Maybe look to used part seller, usually at 50% of retail (there should be a lot of wrecked Versys by now.) And Partzilla is usually at a significant discount to retail (there are others too of course.) Be glad you can get oem parts period, even more with electronics leading edge parts which the Japanese bikes are famous for. Ebay led parts are usually crap, with a capital C!

Oxford is a good brand part, for heated grips usually, and Partzilla is decent on price (sometimes.) You might want to check the same (exact) part prices on Amazon and ebay. Good luck with your engineering. Pics help a whole lot if you want constructive feedback (words are too fuzzy.)

Last edited by kawdog; 02-12-2015 at 12:09 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 AM

U want adapter plates.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ersys&_sacat=0

but if i were you i would just get some cut up from some 2mm aluminium plates and drill some holes to fit in the led signal stalk bolt.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I'll echo the stay away from Ebay..but with the caveat of stay away from anything from China or Hong Kong...I'm sure there are some mighty fine products coming from those places..but there is no way to tell what's good or what's trash (that could kill you in the case of brake and clutch levers)...My Suzuki came with cheap replacement turn signals...In a set of four there were two different bulb types..one of which isn't available here in the states...With a USA address at least you know they're somewhere you might be able to track down..or at least find some reviews online...BUY AMERICAN
OEM parts may cost more BUT..the fit right..work right..look right and don't scream "I've been in a wreck"...

Last edited by chadams66; 02-12-2015 at 05:38 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhtf View Post
U want adapter plates, but if i were you i would just get some cut up from some 2mm aluminium plates and drill some holes to fit in the led signal stalk bolt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance View Post
...However, I can't find any that say they specifically fit the Versys. Can anyone who has installed aftermarket front signals point me in the right direction?
My suggestion is to follow andrewhtf's advice. When I trashed the front sigs on my Bandit I just made aluminum adaptors like he said.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 11:56 AM

I totally disagree with some that say China parts are garbage.
Most .......if not all are made in China and sold in the USA.
To say they are dangerous is an ignorant claim.
I have been using these parts with NO issue at all.
I think the weakest link in most cases isn't the parts but the person using or installing them
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 01:21 AM

cant say ALL accessories from China are garbage.
there are pure rubbish and there are really good stuffs.
sometimes it is luck, sometimes it is chance,
paying more not necessarily get you good stuffs.
paying less not necessarily means that item wont last.
it is always a gamble buying stuffs from China sellers.
if you got something good yeah all is fine and rosy
if you got something bad oh hell these are POS.

i had some pretty worthy good buy, i also had some bad purchases, but still it doesnt deter me from buying again in future. just buy from a different seller. look at their ratings. that should be of some help, paying couple more dollars buying from a highly rated seller is a safer bet than buying from a hardly rated seller with low transaction volume to save a couple bucks. well unless you dont mind risking it if that few dollars means nothing to you. you might get some hard-to-beat bargain.

that being said, buying from china - DO NOT expect ANY after-sales service. if you need the whole package of after-sales support - buy local, buy from a local seller whom you can reach and get support from. that's the reason you are paying more compared to Chinese stuffs.

OR

if you can fabricate/make/weld something yourself, have the tools and time for it - there is an immense feeling of satisfaction in making something yourself - and save yourself the agony of dealing with a thrid party.

- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 09:07 AM

Just to share if you're willing to splurge some moolah, DMV's plates are a perfect fit for such use,

http://www.amazon.com/Dimotiv-Front-Signal-Bracket-VERSYS/dp/B00LVMCHNO

Up next :
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
just get some washers..save your money

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode