Painted sub frame area - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Painted sub frame area

Wanting to make my V look as cool as possible for as little cash as possible, I decided to paint the sub frame supports Ducati red. It looks better outside of my cluster of a garage but you get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg misc 006.jpg (126.5 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg Versys 009.jpg (109.6 KB, 83 views)

"When It Rains, Get Wet"

Last edited by antman325; 03-23-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 05:15 PM

Did the same thing. What a bugger is was to sand it down though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 05:29 PM

Nice touch, Antman.

Loookking good!
(now I wonder what how my kawi-green "V" would look with said same treatment....Hmmmmmmmmmm?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 06:51 PM

Nice. Also solves any rust issues in the future.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 08:27 PM

I like that, grips are a nice touch in red also. Red rules! Question, has anyone seen a V painted same color around the headlight and front cowl? I think the black V looks good because it is the same color, but don't know if it would be good all red, blue, etc. What do you think?

My Album:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
I like that, grips are a nice touch in red also. Red rules! Question, has anyone seen a V painted same color around the headlight and front cowl? I think the black V looks good because it is the same color, but don't know if it would be good all red, blue, etc. What do you think?
Thanks guys and as far as sanding went, it was pretty easy...the first time. I screwed up the first attempt at painting by putting clear on a gloss enamel... this caused pruning like a raisin and I totally had to redo it. I burnt all the old stuff off with a torch and repainted with gloss enamel only...no clear!

Element, I kind of like the black highlites but thats my opinion only. I'd try playing around with photoshop and see how it would look maybe.

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 02:23 PM

Yeah, I did that one day, but my skills with photoshop are zero, I actually tried it with Paint. Didn't look right.

As for your experience with the paint, I have made that mistake also. Now I know to use color base(flat) then gloss. Dupont has some excellent paints, but kinda pricey. The only thing is, if you spill any solvent like gas on the clearcoats, it ruins it. I think gloss paint was the right choice.

My Album:

Last edited by Element; 03-23-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode