help with Shoei Air Mask fit needed! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
help with Shoei Air Mask fit needed!

I bought the $25 Shoei air mask for the 1100 helmet.

It works good, but not great since the nose guard does not have a metal strip to fit around the bridge of the nose; and hot air escapes there at nose bridge. Maybe I could get a paint mask at Home Depot and affix the metal nose strip with double tape - ?? It would also be nice to cover the steel band on the nose with insulative tape or plastic, to keep it from conducting energy waves near the eyes (the whole SO CA is a radio active wi fi zone!)

THANKS!!

Last edited by kawdog; 02-07-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
What is that thing?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post
What is that thing?
It's a nose guard that directs nose exhaust down and out of the helmet to prevent fogging. I stopped by Home Depot and got a 3m dust mask $6 (for the metal nose piece) and 20 lb double stick tape $20.

Outside, I took off the stock Shoei bottom seal attachment under the chin, and turned out to be the source of the problem to begin with (as I read somewhere perusing the web.) Anyway, I'll get my $26 back from Home Depot. And the new $25 Shoei fog mask works ok. I'm glad not to have the metal band over my nose or the nose guard touching my skin on all sides of my nose (rhino bacteria catcher :-)

In conclusion, the stock Shoei small nose guard, not previously shown or discussed, or the stock Shoei helmet bottoms seal suck and cause more problems than provide any solutions at all. The new Shoei $25 fog mask works ok if you pull the sides back under the liner edge (so you don't have a whole muzzle worth of constant skin contact.) The rubber is quite solid and easily cleaned and just touches the bridge of your nose for support.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 07:35 AM

I got one with my RF1000. Works ok, not great. Still have to crack the shield open at stops. The other piece that goes under the chin to block cold air works pretty good.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
...It would also be nice to cover the steel band on the nose with insulative tape or plastic, to keep it from conducting energy waves near the eyes (the whole SO CA is a radio active wi fi zone!)

THANKS!!
I BELIEVE that as long as you wear your "tinfoil-hat" religiously, you'll be covered from "...conducting energy waves near the eyes...".

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I BELIEVE that as long as you wear your "tinfoil-hat" religiously, you'll be covered from "...conducting energy waves near the eyes...".

Well, you can listen to fat greedy industry makers who pay politicians to make laws, or think for yourself after a couple of engineering degrees. Every fifth person in California is an early release convict snitch (USA Today, Dec 14, 2012) who blinds themselves every day with their own hand-held microwave toys. Accordingly, you can stick your tinfoil hat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode