Auxillary Light Mounting - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Auxillary Light Mounting

Where are your preferred mounting locations? Forks, plastic above the turn signals, bracket by or share with the turn signals? I have LSR frame sliders so no bar sticking out down low like some have with certain crash bars. I saw a 2011 thread, but it was moslty about Gen 2 V's.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
What is your purpose of the lights?
More visibility of other cars seing you, then mounted down on the front fender supports, forming a triangle with the headlight.
If they are for you to see better, then higher you mount them, the better they project down the road.
For the first gen SwMotech makes a nice mount by the turn signals. I did not want to mount by the signals personaly. For starters, they must be removed and then readjusted every time you remove the side plastics. Also, if you lay the bike down in either a slide, or tip over they will be destroyed.
Mine are mounted to my forks, directly under the tripple tree. Makes a nice triangle of light for being seen, but not skimming the ground like on the fender. They are protected from a tip over, and out of the way so they don't anoy me with more stuf up in the dash area.
I'm on my phone so I can't post a link, but search my name and " aux lights" for pictures of my setup and install.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 07:10 PM

I made some brackets that mount to the front fairing using an existing bolt hole. These are cheap ebay lights but are fairly bright. Mostly for being seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lights.jpg (142.9 KB, 145 views)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
What is your purpose of the lights?....They are protected from a tip over, and out of the way....
This is VERY important point, IMHO!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 12:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
This is VERY important point, IMHO!

If I crash badly enough to damage my lights were they are kocated, then my bike would not be in rideable condition.
I usually slip and my bike falls down in the garage while being worked on once a year. I eould hate to ruin them on something stupid like that.
In Ken's pic just above this you see his way iut on the side of the bike. He will have better vision of the road since they aee higher, but entirely unprotected.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
More visibility. I don't do much night riding, but maybe I'm being obtuse on not planning for the future.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 12:01 AM

Ray,

2 U-bolts, mounted right below the lower triple tree. Cheap and effective

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode