MRA Vario Touring Screen for Vs. 10- - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
MRA Vario Touring Screen for Vs. 10-

OK, Windscreen dilemma:
- I wanted Givi AirFlow (the best compressed air option screen) - no go, Up to $276 but worth it if available! Can make one with Givi parts but Givi will not back their product up or guide you?? (risky)
- Madstad is adjustable ws, but it still requires MRA spoiler to compress air over rider almost $400 (sheesh!)
- Parabellum screen and MRA touring spoiler, Combo $330, (Reliable 22" height PLUS compressed air - HIGH price and large size in doubt getting on/off tall ball bike without damaging - "Tall Ball" hurdle getting on/off)

#2 Choice Now - Givi D410ST and MRA sport spoiler, combo $245 (Almost worth Installation hassles! Still in running option, high quality compact shield with decent coverage) - I still don't want to drill in $245 of screens and risk damaging them, screens crack easily no matter how careful you are or how taped up they are too (call me chicken!)

#1 choice Now - MRA Vario Touring screen with sport spoiler (complete, nice tinted package - $200 but 22" coverage reliably maintained unknown, but could at least get partial if tucked down) - best complete combo w/least price, but exact coverage unknown, best looking

I could go for Parabellum or Givi D410ST w/Stealth edging around it, but the compressed air feature works at any speed and is priceless in quiet wind sounds. If I could find some reviews of the MRA Vario Touring screen for Vs., I'd like to go for the cheapest.

The laminar LID surveys were not reliable in benefit: just cheap if you did not have to buy another screen. O/W, just $50 more than MRA touring screens with another wind screen (cheap but unreliable benefit too risky.)

Last edited by kawdog; 12-24-2014 at 04:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
6'4" and madstad screen with 20in Sports screen is ok for me.

The adjustability is a blessing.

Just a small adjustment when you change your cruising speed can be all that is needed to be more comfortable, you CANT do that with all the other screens as they mount to the stock 3-positions.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I have the Kawasaki version of the MRA vario screen. I really like it, upkeep in mind that I wear an aerodynamic Bell Star Full Face helmet and prefer my helmet in the clean air above the shield.
I am 5'11'' an with the screen in the highest position the air is above my neck. I only raise the screen if it is cold or raining.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Gentlemen. Those are wise and kind comments, but I broke down and did the only thing I could do: I got the Givi Aiflow Blade kit and Vs. Givi shield (I already had an Airflow Blade).

Z1963R Z1963R AIRFLOW BLADE LATCH KIT Confirmed $27.00
1 $0.00 $-2.70 $24.30
D410ST D410ST - WINDSHIELD Confirmed $127.00
1 $0.00 $-15.40 $114.30
Product prices result $0.00 $-15.40 $138.60
fedex FedEx GroundFree Shipping over $50.00 within the continental U.S. $0.00 $0.00
payment Paypal $0.00 $0.00
Total $0.00 $-15.40 $138.6

So even with a blade ($69), it would be just a little over $200 (plus it may need 4 - 1/4" nylon nuts and bolts due to additional wind stress over stock shield size and wind resistance.) I don't doubt what either of you say, but I know that the Airflow screen is so quiet, you can hear your engine perfectly at any speed and leave your helmet visor up past 70mph in total comfort. It is the way motorcycle riding should be.

Of course that was with the larger Universal Airlfow. But the Vs. Givi windshield (D410ST) has two ridges on the shield where the "Channel" for the AirFlow rests: and all AirFlow shields have the Exact same AirFlow Blade (or wind engine.) This is big, and when I realized I did not have any other choice, it was much simpler than I imagined (although there are a lot of parts on the AirFlow handle kits that hold the Blade n the windshield.) You see, it is not only the compressed air that makes the difference, but the precise channel that supplies exact wind force to shoot it over your head missing your ears, visor rattle, and all else. It really is bliss on a motorcycle, and if all those people who bought 6 windshields (who hasn't?) buys just one more, they will find bliss too

Peace!

Last edited by kawdog; 12-24-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode