Versys Beak + + - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys Beak + +

I know it's not for some but I like it.

Decided to put a beak on modified from a Honda pcx, I think it looks better.

Recently installed SW-Motech Cobra with turn signal as the Barkbusters stook a hammering recently. Installed SW-Motech rear rack and foot pegs and just changed the Scorpions to MT60s. Kriega accessories too.

Now there's a spanner in the works. Both the Triumph and BMW ranged has dropped in price in Thailand nearly 50 percent! They were typically twice the price of the EU market.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Are those the Mitas tires you are running? How do you like them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
Are those the Mitas tires you are running? How do you like them?
Sorry, been away for a while.

They are Pirelli MT60s Corsa, and compared to the previous Scorpions I had they are fantastic. On tarmac they seem great too which is probably down to the soft compound. Just done an off road they inspire confidence on some very steep gravel and rubble sections. Never felt like they would let go.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 08:06 AM

Garage
Nice looking bike. Can you tell us what windshield and lip you are running and maybe a quick thought on how you like it over the stock one?

Thank You
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaylin View Post
Nice looking bike. Can you tell us what windshield and lip you are running and maybe a quick thought on how you like it over the stock one?

Thank You
Sorry, been away again

I use an MRA xcm and at first I was really disappointed as it is quite expensive here. However, when I tried to adjust it the thing fell apart and the well-nuts dropped out. Basically, the garage did a piss-poor job installing it. After I reinstalled it myself, it is great. Wind noise is comparable to the standard, but the buffeting pressure on the body has severely dropped. I like to look as I'm not into the tall Givi versions but my friend really likes his.

Speed wise. With the standard I could barely hit 110kph before the noise and buffeting became irritating. I've done 160kph with this with no feeling of pressure at all.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 02:33 AM

I have that beak / lip on my 2013. It was inexpensive, easy to install and adds a nice touch to the bike without going overboard. Pictures don't do it justice. When you see it on the bike in person it seems like it's designed for it. I just got that rear rack too and I loved my tall Givi. I also like the choice of tires on this bike. Will definitely look at these when the time comes. Thanks for the nice pics!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 03:33 PM

What a great looking bike Phil! I can appreciate what you have done, because it is not easy putting all that stuff together where everything works and flows aesthetically as nice as you have done. I'm envious of your hard work and details. I'll be happy getting half of what you have working well and will refer back to your great pics often for guidance. Congrats!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 05:05 PM

[quote=BKKPhil;743225]I know it's not for some but I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydbayb View Post
I have that beak / lip on my 2013. It was inexpensive, easy to install and adds a nice touch to the bike without going overboard. Pictures don't do it justice. When you see it on the bike in person it seems like it's designed for it. I just got that rear rack too and I loved my tall Givi. I also like the choice of tires on this bike. Will definitely look at these when the time comes. Thanks for the nice pics!
I've managed to get one of those beaks as well. Would either of you guys be able to post more detailed photos of how you've fitted it, as i'm not sure of how to do the front part under the headlight.

Cheers.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 10:52 PM

Picks won't show mine. Attached with plastic ties to the headlight cover, one on each side. Marked then drilled holes on each side (lower side) of the headlight cover and to my liking on the beak (4 total, 2 per side). Looped ties through on each side, tightened lightly to alighn straight then tightened down and cut ties. Attached rear beak flanges to main cowling with one tap screw on each side. Ties in the front allow the beak to easily attach and pivot. Tap screws lock everything down nicely. If done right, ties and screws are invisible. Have had no issues with this method and is easy to remove which I have had to do many times. If you take your time and use small spring clamps to hold everything in place as you mark your holes you will have a clean install that you will be happy with. Again there are several other ways to do this depending on how you want the beak to line-up and attach.

Last edited by rydbayb; 12-30-2014 at 11:14 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

[quote=ghost_;760657]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKKPhil View Post
I know it's not for some but I like it.

I've managed to get one of those beaks as well. Would either of you guys be able to post more detailed photos of how you've fitted it, as i'm not sure of how to do the front part under the headlighIt.

Cheers.
I will post some pics or a vid clip tomorrow if I get the chance. Bike is in office at moment.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 03:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I've got one of these Honda pcx beaks already pre formed to fit my 2011 that I never got around to installing. If anyone is interested in it shoot me a PM.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
I've got one of these Honda pcx beaks already pre formed to fit my 2011 that I never got around to installing. If anyone is interested in it shoot me a PM.

Will do can't leave something pending in your garage right? :-D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 06:08 AM

Here's a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150101_092932.jpg (49.5 KB, 187 views)
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 02:21 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks very much BKKPhil & Rydbayb for the image and bid, pretty much confirmed how I was thinking of mounting it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode