Passion Red or Carbon Fiber Hugger w/ Black Body Panels and Black Wheels??? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Passion Red or Carbon Fiber Hugger w/ Black Body Panels and Black Wheels???

I'm planning on getting a new hugger for the V and don't know what would look better with my new color scheme. I painted the radiator cowling panels, the side kick panels and the wheels Black to match the other textured plastic on the bike. See the attached photo.

Should I I get the Carbon Fiber Ermax hugger or do the Black and paint it Passion Red to match the tank and front fender? Any photoshop wizards??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Versys.jpg (403.0 KB, 348 views)

Last edited by WillieFlo; 07-07-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 07:58 AM

That thing is SHARP. Depending on your exhaust, if you have carbon fiber, I would go with carbon fiber. If not I would stick with just black. amotostuff.com has nice Pyramid huggers. I am however torn between leaving black or painting it red. I think I would leave it black, simply because that is a tough looking bike the way you have it. This may have been covered already, but what did you use to paint the wheels.

I can't help I am not on of the Sheeple.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks motorbum!
I painted the wheels with Duplicolor Acrylic Enamel in Glossy Black. Took a whole day to do because of all the prep and masking work, but it was worth it. I was going to use Duplicolor's Aluminum Wheel Paint, but they don't make it in Black from what I could find at the local O'Reilly's, Auto Zone, and Advanced Auto Parts shops, so I went with acrylic enamel because it's supposed to be harder than standard auto or Krylon paint....

For the plastic pieces I used Krylon Fusion.....

On the hugger, I eventually want the Ixil or Two Bros. carbon fiber slip-on exhaust and plan to add some CF accents over the Black plastic dash and the gas tank door, so I guess I've gotta start with CF somewhere.....

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 09:32 AM

Looks damn good, I would paint the hugger red to balance out the color scheme. It would give a more balanced look to the whole bike.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 09:36 AM

I wish I had to the testicular fortitude to paint mine. I am afraid that I would screw it up. If your going with a carbon fiber exhaust, definitely cf hugger. And yes check out 08's own fabed exhaust. It's a beast.

I can't help I am not on of the Sheeple.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Versys View Post
Looks damn good, I would paint the hugger red to balance out the color scheme. It would give a more balanced look to the whole bike.
I second that....red hugger....
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 09:49 AM

Willie, I painted my hugger Passion Red. I think it came out pretty nice.

-Alan
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 09:51 AM

Im thinking that Red would look SWEET!!! and add balance to the bike.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordguy View Post

-Alan
Very Nice! Is that the one from Twinshack? If so I've got one for sale if anyone is interested. No waiting 2 weeks to have it shipped from the U.K.

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=633
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:02 AM

Wordguy,

Where did you get the rad passion paint? Is that the pyramid hugger? I love the red and it seems to balance the bike perfectly. That's what I want.

Oh, that looks like a huge man standing behind your bike.

Kster
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kster View Post
Wordguy,

Where did you get the rad passion paint? Is that the pyramid hugger? I love the red and it seems to balance the bike perfectly. That's what I want.

Kster
I found a color code for the Kawasaki Passion Red. Sherwin Williams Code No.: 76835 - 2nd Dimension Paint, Includes clear. I just shot my fender and it came out pretty well I think, matches OE Paint right on. I purchased all the Plastic CLEANER SOAP, PRE-PREP & ADHESION PROMOTER, plus a PINT of PAINT with REDUCER and HARDNER for a cost of about $80.00. I used a PREVAL Sprayer that worked amazingly well - see web site: http://www.prevalspraygun.com/howto.htm .
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Looking at Wordguy's pictures and I like, now I'm torn.....That does look really good..... I do need to get some Passion Red paint to fix the scratches I put on the tank two weeks ago when I laid it over. I was in the garage, putting the kickstand down and lost my footing under the bike....Down I went........pissed me off!
The third day I had the V.....
You guys are right, it would provide some balance against the new Black color scheme......
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kster View Post

I got the paint from Color Rite. I had to get a base coat, the red color, and a clear top coat. I also bought their primer. All in rattle cans, cost about $100. There was enough paint to do the hugger and a front fender extender, plus maybe a tiny bit left over.

It's not the Pyramid hugger, it's this one from Twin Shack in the UK . I think the manufacturer is Poly 23 or something? It doesn't say on their site.

It is a huge man behind the bike -- I took the photo for a scavenger hunt. here's the full shot:

-Alan
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 06:40 PM

08 V's got one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Versys View Post
Very Nice! Is that the one from Twinshack? If so I've got one for sale if anyone is interested. No waiting 2 weeks to have it shipped from the U.K.

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=633
Yup, that's the one -- If somebody wants one yours will get here sooner for sure!

-Alan
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 06:43 PM

Touch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieFlo View Post
I do need to get some Passion Red paint to fix the scratches I put on the tank two weeks ago when I laid it over... in the garage,
I think Color Rite has touch up "pens" too. I've never used them. But I was happy with the paint I got from them.

I think the red hugger would look awesome with your black body work. I may do that (black) if I ever scratch them up.

-Alan
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordguy View Post

-Alan
That's the same hugger I just got and my friend is painting it red for me! I should have pics in a few days. Also, he's painting the OEM saddle bag trim red as well.

Had the paint custom made by Industrial Finishes - FAR Cheaper than Colorite or Sherwin Williams!!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:49 PM

Pyramid Hugger/fenda Extenda

Juat thought I would post what I did to mine today . Hard to find the hugger I wanted . Thought I wanted red , but turns out I really like the black one . It is sort of hidden in there and with saddle bags , who is gonna see it anyway ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN07470204.JPG (267.7 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN07480205.JPG (276.6 KB, 459 views)
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 07:27 AM

great bike i love to drive it and soon going to buy it

tiffany jewelry sale
tiffany jewelry sale
tiffany jewelry sale

steven

Last edited by steven444; 03-28-2011 at 06:13 AM.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 03:10 PM

Willie, is that a lifted nissan titan i see in the garage?1 Post some photos of that if you please. I am a nissan fan. I have a 6 inch lift on my xterra, and a titan front diff in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode