Who's got the best looking exhaust? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
miker4055's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shellharbour NSW Australia
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Who's got the best looking exhaust?

Two brother exhaust look heaps meaner then the stock one. The sound is also a plus. Its like an animal growling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4563.jpg (881.0 KB, 2970 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4562.jpg (823.2 KB, 3711 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4559.jpg (944.2 KB, 5485 views)
miker4055 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Member
 
glowcat13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ware, Ma
Posts: 1,131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How much louder is it I am thinking about a two brothers exhaust, but will probably go with aluminum to save money
glowcat13 is offline  
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Member
 
doink1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Portland, Maine, US.
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Personally, I think ANY of the aftermarket options look and sound better than the the stock can, which looks and sounds like a 1974 Chevy Monza, and weighs almost as much as well.

I don't have any pictures of my own yet, but I just installed an ARROW slip on. It's really well made, looks great, and relatively inexpensive. I paid about $240 from Indy Superbikes; <http://www.indysuperbike.com/Isb1/Arrow_Exhaust__Arrow_SlipOn_Exhaust_Kawasaki_650R-p-122000.html>
They were great to work with and really helpful answering questions.
My only complaint about the exhaust is that the clearance between the pipe and rear tire is practically 1/8" or less, but right after the pipe, I installed Speedy's lowering kit, and that moved the rear tire enough that there's plenty of room now.

There are a lot of posts on here from guys who have the full Arrow system, with their headers, and this seems to create a lot more horsepower, but I didn't feel the need for that, and I didn't want to invest in a Power commander either.
doink1968 is offline  
 
post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Member
 
LessPeople_MoreRobots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I know its no fun, but I think the Versys is the first bike that I don't want to put aftermarket exhaust on.

With the type of riding I plan to do with it, I don't want to droning noise all the time when riding long distance.

Current: 2008 Ducati 1098, 2009 Kawasaki Versys, 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2006 Mazda MX-5

Previous: 04 GSXR600, 03 CBR600RR, 00 R6, 08 Ninja 250R, 05 Ninja 250R
LessPeople_MoreRobots is offline  
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Member
 
thecreeper77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Union Co. New Jersey.
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have a TBR, if you take the power tip off its gets a bit louder.

08 Versys (Red)
Two Brothers Slip-On V.A.L.E. Exhaust
Two Brothers Juice Box
Arrow Headers
Motowerk Lowering kit w/Flatfoot
SW-MOTECH Crashbars/Engine Guards w/Hwy Pegs
SW-MOTECH mirror wideners
Rear Spool Sliders

~Comming soon~
Front Axel Sliders
Red LED Body Kit


1980 Kawi KZ1000 LTD
thecreeper77 is offline  
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Member
 
thecreeper77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Union Co. New Jersey.
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
....and you can get the P1 tip and it cuts the DBs down a bit

08 Versys (Red)
Two Brothers Slip-On V.A.L.E. Exhaust
Two Brothers Juice Box
Arrow Headers
Motowerk Lowering kit w/Flatfoot
SW-MOTECH Crashbars/Engine Guards w/Hwy Pegs
SW-MOTECH mirror wideners
Rear Spool Sliders

~Comming soon~
Front Axel Sliders
Red LED Body Kit


1980 Kawi KZ1000 LTD
thecreeper77 is offline  
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Member
 
invader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kapuskasing Ontario Canada
Posts: 7,827
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
It's hard picking the best looking of all, when there are so many exhausts available... Yoshimura's is a nice piece of engineering. G&G has an interesting design as well:

Akrapovic of Slovenia: http://www.akrapovic.com/motorcycle-...on-75803a1144/
Arata of Japan: http://www.dynojet.co.kr/down/arata/kawasaki_8.pdf
Arrow of Italy: http://www.arrow.it/usa/website/
Barracuda of Denmark: http://www.barracuda-exhaust.com/Gal...aki_ER6N-F.htm
BOS of Denmark: http://www.bos-exhausts.de/index.php?id=224&L=0
Bruce Fabrication of CA USA: http://bruce-fab.com/viewkawasaki1.aspx
Devil of France: http://www.devil.fr/fr/moto/route.cf...&btnSearch.y=9
Eagle of Denmark: http://www.eagle-exhaust.com/Gallery_Mach7_Kawasaki.htm
FF by Fresco of Italy: www.ffbyfreso.com/kawasaki/ER6N/ER6N.html
FMF Racing of CA USA: http://www.fmfracing.com/Mode/Bike/2009_KAWASAKI_VERSYS
Fechter Hurric of Denmark: http://www.fechter.de/products/prod_...?artnr=1998529
G&G of Italy: http://www.gegbike.com/modelli/kawas...ys/versys.html
Giannelli of Italy: http://www.giannelli.com/eng/prodott...pro.asp?id=653
GPR of Italy: http://www.gpr.it/scheda.php?idcatve...&idveicolo=397
Hindle of Canada: http://www.hindle.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=35
HP Corse of Italy: http://www.hpcorse.com/IT/moto/5/versis
Ixil of Spain: http://www.ixil.com/HTML/indexIN.html
Jardine of CA USA: http://www.jardineproducts.com/produ...fID2/8/sfID3/9
Laser of Netherlands: http://www.laserexhausts.com/en/modu...-exhausts.html
Leo Vince of Italy: http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/sear...SAKI&Year=2006
Marving of Italy: http://www.marving.com/faces/home.js...cgrfnbr=908183
Micron of UK: http://www.evotech-performance.com/a...ki_VERSYS.html
MIVV of Italy: http://www.mivv.it/en/prodotti_apri.asp?cl=1&cs=391
MTC of UK: http://www.mtcexhausts.co.uk/exhausts.htm
Muzzy of CT USA: http://search.cartserver.com/search/...s=100&go=GO%21
Nikko Racing of France: http://www.nikkoracing.com/page%20mo...ersys%2007.htm
Raask of Sweden: http://www.raask.com/
Remus of Austria: http://www.remus.at/php/index.php?cm...ctModel=207059
Scorpion of UK: http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/Bik....php?model=448
Sport Auspuff of Denmark: http://www.sportauspuff-direkt.com/S...3j37f45tu5eltd
Shark of Italy: http://www.sharkitaly.it/prodotti.htm
Superpole of Netherlands: http://www.superpole.nl/popup.html?/...ry/kawa_13.jpg
Telco of Italy: http://www.telco-exhaust.com/eu/products/main.htm
Thunder Competition of Spain: http://www.thundercompetition.com/in...AWASAKI%20MOTO
Two Brothers of CA USA: http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...Vale_2006.html
Yoshimura of Japan: http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/s-1539-prod.aspx

Many aftermarket exhausts are actually quieter than stock with their included quiet insert. Here's an aftermarket exhaust comparison that'll give you an idea even if it's in french, with decibels shown compared to stock 89 db @ 4000 rpm, weights compared to stock 6620 grams, and dyno charts (ER6).



invader is offline  
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Member
 
Ivan V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Balkan
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
It's hard picking the best looking of all, when there are so many exhausts available... Yoshimura's is a nice piece of engineering. G&G has an interesting design as well:

Akrapovic of Slovenia: http://www.akrapovic.com/motorcycle-...on-75803a1144/
Arata of Japan: http://www.dynojet.co.kr/down/arata/kawasaki_8.pdf
Arrow of Italy: http://www.arrow.it/usa/website/
Barracuda of Denmark: http://www.barracuda-exhaust.com/Gal...aki_ER6N-F.htm
BOS of Denmark: http://www.bos-exhausts.de/index.php?id=224&L=0
Bruce Fabrication of CA USA: http://bruce-fab.com/viewkawasaki1.aspx
Devil of France: http://www.devil.fr/fr/moto/route.cf...&btnSearch.y=9
Eagle of Denmark: http://www.eagle-exhaust.com/Gallery_Mach7_Kawasaki.htm
FF by Fresco of Italy: www.ffbyfreso.com/kawasaki/ER6N/ER6N.html
FMF Racing of CA USA: http://www.fmfracing.com/Mode/Bike/2009_KAWASAKI_VERSYS
Fechter Hurric of Denmark: http://www.fechter.de/products/prod_...?artnr=1998529
G&G of Italy: http://www.gegbike.com/modelli/kawas...ys/versys.html
Giannelli of Italy: http://www.giannelli.com/eng/prodott...pro.asp?id=653
GPR of Italy: http://www.gpr.it/scheda.php?idcatve...&idveicolo=397
Hindle of Canada: http://www.hindle.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=35
HP Corse of Italy: http://www.hpcorse.com/IT/moto/5/versis
Ixil of Spain: http://www.ixil.com/HTML/indexIN.html
Jardine of CA USA: http://www.jardineproducts.com/produ...fID2/8/sfID3/9
Laser of Netherlands: http://www.laserexhausts.com/en/modu...-exhausts.html
Leo Vince of Italy: http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/sear...SAKI&Year=2006
Marving of Italy: http://www.marving.com/faces/home.js...cgrfnbr=908183
Micron of UK: http://www.evotech-performance.com/a...ki_VERSYS.html
MIVV of Italy: http://www.mivv.it/en/prodotti_apri.asp?cl=1&cs=391
MTC of UK: http://www.mtcexhausts.co.uk/exhausts.htm
Muzzy of CT USA: http://search.cartserver.com/search/...s=100&go=GO%21
Nikko Racing of France: http://www.nikkoracing.com/page%20mo...ersys%2007.htm
Raask of Sweden: http://www.raask.com/
Remus of Austria: http://www.remus.at/php/index.php?cm...ctModel=207059
Scorpion of UK: http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/Bik....php?model=448
Sport Auspuff of Denmark: http://www.sportauspuff-direkt.com/S...3j37f45tu5eltd
Shark of Italy: http://www.sharkitaly.it/prodotti.htm
Superpole of Netherlands: http://www.superpole.nl/popup.html?/...ry/kawa_13.jpg
Telco of Italy: http://www.telco-exhaust.com/eu/products/main.htm
Thunder Competition of Spain: http://www.thundercompetition.com/in...AWASAKI%20MOTO
Two Brothers of CA USA: http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...Vale_2006.html
Yoshimura of Japan: http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/s-1539-prod.aspx

Many aftermarket exhausts are actually quieter than stock with their included quiet insert. Here's an aftermarket exhaust comparison that'll give you an idea even if it's in french, with decibels shown compared to stock 89 db @ 4000 rpm, weights compared to stock 6620 grams, and dyno charts (ER6).

From the above list:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2z7eqdj.jpg
Ivan V is offline  
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
miker4055's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shellharbour NSW Australia
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowcat13 View Post
How much louder is it I am thinking about a two brothers exhaust, but will probably go with aluminum to save money
Heaps louder. The stock cans sound like a kitten puring. TBE sounds like a wild animal roaring.

The price difference is small between aluminum and carbio. Check out surfside moto

Last edited by miker4055; 01-26-2010 at 10:52 AM.
miker4055 is offline  
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Member
 
Element's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessPeople_MoreRobots View Post
I know its no fun, but I think the Versys is the first bike that I don't want to put aftermarket exhaust on.

With the type of riding I plan to do with it, I don't want to droning noise all the time when riding long distance.
I quite agree, it is nice to hear what is going on around you, train whistles, etc. Also, with audible turn by turn gps, its nice to be able to turn it down and save your eardrums! I'll save the loud pipes for the rocket bikes! This one is supposed to be "versitile"!

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Element is offline  
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Member
 
thecreeper77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Union Co. New Jersey.
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
we should be using ear plugs regaurdless, stock or aftermarket. Since the slight hearing loss i am experiancing, I will not ride with out.

08 Versys (Red)
Two Brothers Slip-On V.A.L.E. Exhaust
Two Brothers Juice Box
Arrow Headers
Motowerk Lowering kit w/Flatfoot
SW-MOTECH Crashbars/Engine Guards w/Hwy Pegs
SW-MOTECH mirror wideners
Rear Spool Sliders

~Comming soon~
Front Axel Sliders
Red LED Body Kit


1980 Kawi KZ1000 LTD
thecreeper77 is offline  
post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Member
 
Element's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
x2, save your ears! I use plugs on trips longer than one hour. My Shoei helmet does a great job on wind noise, I recommend it.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Element is offline  
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
x2, save your ears! I use plugs on trips longer than one hour. My Shoei helmet does a great job on wind noise, I recommend it.
What's the difference how long the trip is? You should always use them.

John in AZ
'08 Versys
'11 Victory Cross Roads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jmlmjmjm is offline  
post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Member
 
glowcat13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ware, Ma
Posts: 1,131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker4055 View Post
Heaps louder. The stock cans sound like a kitten puring. TBE sounds like a wild animal roaring.

The price difference is small between aluminum and carbio. Check out surfside moto
Thanks Miker, TBR is one of the ones I am considering along with Arrow, and leo vince.
glowcat13 is offline  
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
miker4055's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shellharbour NSW Australia
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
no problem glowcat13.

Its important that people hear you. Loud exchausts save lives. I know that people notice me as I approach and I always see their head turn to check what that noise is and ear plugs are definitely the way to go.
miker4055 is offline  
post #16 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 05:02 AM
Member
 
LAVersys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessPeople_MoreRobots View Post
I know its no fun, but I think the Versys is the first bike that I don't want to put aftermarket exhaust on.

With the type of riding I plan to do with it, I don't want to droning noise all the time when riding long distance.
I have a lot of bikes before Versys... Only Harley that I had in the past have aftermarket pipe.

I also finally decided to put a aftermarket pipe on the Versys a few months ago and I never regret it one bit... I pick Arrow slip on, very nice pipe, not too loud... With the silencer out, a little louder, but still not too bad...

Versys engine sounds good... Good to have a pipe on in... I never bother putting on a pipe when I have 4 inline bike.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current bike
09 Kawasaki Versys

Previous bikes
07 Suzuki GSXR 1000
07 Yamaha FZ1
06 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
06 BMW K1200 GT
05 Suzuki Vstrom 650
01 Yamaha Vstar 650
90 Yamaha FZR 600
7x Yamaha Enduro 125
LAVersys is offline  
post #17 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Member
 
Bicyclebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Naked Exhaust

I do!!!


Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
Bicyclebob is offline  
post #18 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
miker4055's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shellharbour NSW Australia
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
looks good bicyebob. The aluminum pipe looks good on a naked versys.
miker4055 is offline  
post #19 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Member
 
doink1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Portland, Maine, US.
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey man,
We had a freak break in the weather here two days back and I got to take the bike out for the first time with my Arrow pipe. My $.02; With the DB baffle in, the sound for me is perfect. Definitely not "LOUD" but I can hear it. I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood now, and I'm not worried about it scaring the neighbors. On the highway, without earplugs, I could just barely notice it. With the stock can, all I heard was wind. Even on the back roads at 35-50 mph it was there in the background, but definitely not drowning out anything else around me. I had no backfiring at all.
doink1968 is offline  
post #20 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Member
 
doink1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Portland, Maine, US.
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Arrow...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ARROW.jpg (62.5 KB, 1413 views)
File Type: jpg ARROW2.jpg (67.1 KB, 1498 views)
doink1968 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome