Algard: Has anyone been able to buy the old style mount? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Algard: Has anyone been able to buy the old style mount?

There are quite a few of us who were lucky enough to purchase a skidplate from Algards most recent (and possibly last) production run. And they all came with the new style rear mount where the mounts attach to the engine.

Just before I received mine DBD34 cracked his oil sump as detailed in this thread. If he had the old style rear mount he would not have damaged his engine.

I'd like to buy the old style mount before I install my skidplate. Has anyone been able to purchase the older style of rear mount that attaches to the exhaust pipe?

I e mailed Algard, but he seems to have problems with sending to comcast email.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 08:51 PM

I haven't installed mine for the same reason.

Does anybody know if the old style mount will fit with the extra extension to protect the muffler?
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 10:18 AM

I received a note from Algard earlier this week that the exhaust rear mount can be ordered. Price was 19 euro + 9 euro postage. I also have the extension to protect the muffler, so I sent a note asking if it works with the extension.

I'll pass along the response once I hear back.

For Comcast users: if the e-mail is a problem, is there another e-mail provider you can try (Google's gmail)?

Dave

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 02:17 PM

I actually sent a Western Union for the 28 Euros, approx $57 including the $15 fee, on Jan 8th. I sent the e-mail to him stating I sent the money as instructed but got an auto-reply, "Because of the winter holidays I'll be unable to answer you till January 12th."

I tried e-mailing him on the 13th but still no reply from him. I checked the status today of the Western Union I sent and it still says it's ready for pickup. At this point I'm just hoping the guy's alright.

I'll keep you posted if/when I hear back.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

I just created a GMail account to communicate with Algard seeing as my Comcast e mail seems to block his e mails. It works. I just sent him a e mail about ordering the old style bracket and got back the same automated response that Versys 1009 got. The problem is that it says he'll respond on the 12th, and it's now the 18th.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:42 PM

If anyone hears from dude let us know! I want one, but am not gonna deal with this hassle...
anyone seen this one.... http://www.happy-trail.com/Products/...spc-4-9-4.aspx
??? It attaches to the frame, so no worries bout your engine oil spilling all over the road in some foreign terrain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:44 PM

I ordered the rear mount on Jan 7th.

He suggested to me too that I pay with Western Union, but I paid via the same method as before with Paypal to the same account as when I bought the guard. Never used Western Union and don't care to, especially now that I find out from Versys1009 that there is some cocked up $15 fee to do so.

When I sent him a confirmation email after the payment cleared, all I received back was the same "I'm gone till the 12th" email that everyone else is getting.

I believe he will respond in a bit as he usually does. I get the feeling that even though he is a bit slow on the correspondance, he seems like he's honest.

Last edited by Trailslapper; 01-18-2010 at 03:46 PM.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amir_zwara View Post
If anyone hears from dude let us know! I want one, but am not gonna deal with this hassle...
anyone seen this one.... http://www.happy-trail.com/Products/...spc-4-9-4.aspx
??? It attaches to the frame, so no worries bout your engine oil spilling all over the road in some foreign terrain.
I did look it, briefly. It is BUTT UGLY! Unlike the Alguard, it looks like an afterthought. It doesn't fit with the bike's lines at all.
The edge of that thing is not going to do much as a skid plate either, but catch on whatever it hits.

That brings up a nit I've got to pick. Amir, this is not pointed at you but is a general statement.

<FLAME>The part that everyone here seems to miss is that the Alguard plate is NOT A SKID PLATE, and NOT a BASH PLATE.

It is an ENGINE GUARD!

Here is a quote from his page:
" However, rocks thrown from the front wheel can damage the header pipes and oil filter which are totaly unprotected?"
Nowhere on his page are the words "skid" or "bash".

It is intended to GUARD the ENGINE from rocks and debris thrown up by the front tire.

It drives me nuts when folks bag on a product saying it failed them when in reality they were using it for other than it's intended purposes. </FLAME>

Amir, there really is no hassle dealing with n17.
You just have to have patience, which it seems that some folks here have litle of.
I've placed two orders from n17. I send an email requesting an item. He does not respond until he has the item ready to ship. When he does have it ready, he then emails you requesting payment. You pay, then he ships.

I've noticed several on this board wringing their hands and their panties in a twist because they haven't received a reply in 24 hours or some such.

If you follow n17's instructions, it is a very smooth transaction.

Kansas - Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...

2008 Versys, SOLD!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 BMW R1150RT Lovin it!!!

Last edited by bscott; 01-31-2010 at 01:28 AM.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 08:43 AM

Hi All

Just got an email from Gorazd from Algard this morning informing me that he has shipped the rear mount to me yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscott View Post
I've placed two orders from n17. I send an email requesting an item. He does not respond until he has the item ready to ship. When he does have it ready, he then emails you requesting payment. You pay, then he ships.

I've several on this board wringing their hands with their panties in a twist because they haven't received a reply in 24 hours or some such.

If you folllow n17's instructions, it is a very smooth transaction.
I agree with bscott that Gorazd at Algard is an honest, reliable guy and the transactions have always gone smoothly for me. As Axl Rose said: You just need a little patience!!!

Last edited by Trailslapper; 01-30-2010 at 08:46 AM.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 09:23 AM

Got the rear mount just now. Looks to be very well made as everything is from Algard. Haven't mounted it yet, but I'm sure it will fit perfectly. 13 days shipping to Canada.

Cheers
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 12:05 AM

Algard responded to an e-mail I sent last week requesting a status on my order. He apologized for the delay in response as this is his 2nd job. He had already sent it (probably with the batch sent the end of January) and just forgot to notify me. As for Western Union vs. Paypal, Algard has unresolved issues with Paypal which has made him very... displeased (an understatement). I told him I'd suggest to forum viewers to use Western Union if Algard requests it so he can continue to make his quality products without 'taking a loss'.

Although I was frustrated at Western Union's $15 USD fee to send the money to Algard, I'm glad to know he got it without frustration on his part as he truly produces a quality product. I just have the engine guard, but the fit & finish is incredible -- down to a slight bulge in the guard for header clearance! That must have taken some time & patience to develop. This last order was for the original exhaust mount for the guard. While I understand this is NOT a true 'skid plate' for rock crawling (and I won't be), I wanted the exhaust mount to minimize ANY possible damage to my oil pan in case of the unforseen.

To sum up, Algard seems to be a very honest person with great craftsmanship. He's just an extremely busy guy who sometimes forgets to keep you updated. If anyone else out there has an order in with him (and have paid), you'll get it.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

I've sent him e mails from both my comcast e mail and a new gmail account I set up just to sidestep the problem Comcast has with his e mail provider. I'm trying to arrange a purchase of the old style mount, but haven't had an answer yet. I'd like to get an old style mount before the snow melts.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versys 1009 View Post
Algard responded to an e-mail I sent last week requesting a status on my order. ...
Could you tell us which E-Mail address you used to contact him? I've tried a couple of times, and I too have no answer yet. Thanks!

Chris
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Algard's e mail address

[email protected]
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 01:10 AM

Has anyone in the United States received their exhaust mount brackets mailed the end of January 2010 from Algard? I'm wondering if the weather or customs is slowing delivery.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Has anyone gotten delivery of any of the old style rear mounting brackets other than Trailslapper?

I sent Algard the 19 euro + 9 euro postage via PayPal (pricing per DaveC's post earlier in this thread), although I sent the payment in February. So far no communication and no old style brackets.

I have 45 days from the date I sent the money to dispute the transaction with PayPal. I hope I don't have to do that. I'd rather have the parts.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven1955 View Post
Has anyone gotten delivery of any of the old style rear mounting brackets other than Trailslapper?

I sent Algard the 19 euro + 9 euro postage via PayPal (pricing per DaveC's post earlier in this thread), although I sent the payment in February. So far no communication and no old style brackets.

I have 45 days from the date I sent the money to dispute the transaction with PayPal. I hope I don't have to do that. I'd rather have the parts.
I sent him a note stating I would send the money once he confirmed that he still had a bracket available. So far, I haven't heard back.

Dave C

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Well, I just sent Gorazd at Algard another email to his [email protected] email address and got a new autoreply:

Quote:
Sorry to inform you that the parts for the Versys are no longer produced because of the obligations in regard with my main job.
I'll hold off disputing the PayPal payment I made another week or so in the hopes that if he had some of the old style rear brackets he'd at least sell those off until they were gone. But I don't feel optimistic.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Looks like I got my wish and won't have to dispute my payment to Algard with PayPal.

I just received an email from Gorazd at Algard:
Quote:
Hello,

Sorry for the delay.
The old style brackets will be sent this week.

Regards

ALGARD
It sounds like he's finishing the sending of parts for existing customers and selling off his remaining stock.

I'm sorry to see him go, but glad to see that he's committed to supporting those of us who bought his engine guard.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 10:37 AM

I tried to see if he had any remaining stock, but got this auto reply.

Quote:
Sorry to inform you that the parts for the Versys are no longer produced because of the obligations in regard with my main job.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. This is an automatical generated answer and this mailbox is not monitored therefore you will not receive a response.
I'd like to get one if there are any left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode